Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Just back from a work CPD weekend in the Cairngorms. What a fab time, no pupils so plenty of booze, laughing, singing and late nights!

We did do some hillwalking to make it seem like we were doing something legitimate! Here's the view from the top.

8502823087_6cd512a955_b.jpg

*click* (link to the full size, easier to see photo)

Edited by Guest

Reading YS's homework on cures for the Black Death - one caught my eye. Shaving a chickens bum and strapping it to your lymph glands till you or the chicken died :shock: Yuck. Glad that ones not included on the NHS. There was a picture of a Sussex - looked just like my Edwina.

Hopping mad as DD is missing at least £10 of her very hard earned cash after a 'friend' went into her bag to pay for a takeaway last night while she was asleep. 'Friend' says she doesn't have any of her money and that she put the correct change back. I am so cross, she has 2 jobs worked really hard for it. I am going to give her the money but will be having a chat with her about this 'friend' who is a renowned teller of tall tails and sponger. :twisted:

She has only just allowed her back into her close circle as she has disappointed her in the past. We have had a chat and I asked her what she adds to the friendship versus what she takes. DD is no fool but will always give someone a second chance if they try. This girl did try but it was only because she wanted the benefits of the friendship - lifts, emotional support, social events, company, friendship group etc. I have given the missing amount of money to DD as she was worked darned hard for it. It annoys me particularly as this girl gets £90 a month allowance. My DD works 2 jobs for her money and gets about £25 from us :twisted:

Sorry to hear about her friend CM!

I went to Crufts with Uni on Friday and had a really good time, the agility and relay agility were really good! :lol:

Then spent 2 nights Lambing so pretty tired, was up til 4am finishing my presentation which I did this afternoon and think it went quite well.

Was up early to go and drop off some Red Mite traps to a local FR farm, then went to Labs to do dissertation work and my Supervisor wasn't there :twisted: Back tomorrow morning

Went to the Uni farm to pick up some new wellies + waterproofs strom Stores... Got an email at 4 asking if I could start Lambing tonight, so am working 7pm-7am

Yay :|

No she went over the weekend. Had to interview a few different breed owners and interrogate feed companies and supplement stands, as part of our Nutrition module :lol:

The Uni farm isn't too bad 'cos its modern and we have somewhere warn we can sit and do work with WiFi, its just we've gone from 10-6 last year to 7-7 this year! :roll:

Still, I should feel lucky that I have a paying job at the moment and even better that it's working with animals :D

just watching Comic Relief and feeling giving money is not enough......we are just so fortunate to have been born here at this time so that our children and grandchildren are safe with our fabulous NHS ..... cried buckets tonight.

Edited to add...of course giving money is a start!

Was woken at 4.45am by OH telling me to call an ambulance because there was a man lying unconscious on the pavement outside our house :shock: wasn't impressed by The call centre which is God knows where not answering for ages at that time in the morning saying they were experiencing unusually high call volumes. But to be fair a first response paramedic was with my husband just after he had gone outside whilst still on the phone to ambulance controller and had tried to get a response from the young guy on the pavement. He was no more than early twenties tidily dressed in new looking but thin clothing. It took the paramedic a few minutes to get any response from him, we all heaved a sigh of relief when he stirred, it was very cold and frosty at that point. The ambulance then arrived and he managed to walk unsteadily too it, he wasn't making any sense though, We couldn't smell alcohol on him. We were then thanked by the paramedic and went back indoors while they treated him for a while in the ambulance then took him to hospital. I hope he is ok.

When you are a parent of similar age children it makes you thank your lucky stars that they are safe in bed but we do have to just cross our fingers with ED at uni and hope that there are people looking out for her if she finds herself in a vulnerable state.