Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Heard an interesting thing from a colleague, who has just got back from a holiday in South Africa where credit card fraud is rife.... each time there's a transaction on your card, your are sent a text to your mobile phone - great idea 8)

What a fantastic idea - hope we get that system here soon ...

How cool is that!

Rosie had her first race today - a duathlon in Prestwold, Leics. She only started training in February after she'd healed from her accident and could begin to train properly. She was the youngest girl (and the shortest!) in her age group and it was her first event of this sort ever, they did 2.5km run, then 10km bike race, then 1.25km run with a sprint finish. She came 4th out of 8 girls and 8th in her group including the boys and was first in the initial run with an overall time of just on 41 minutes, so very respectable... she's going to work on the transition though as she got in a muddle going from bike to run on the last leg, She was so knackered at the end that she chucked up :shock:

Well done though and I'm immensely proud of her determination... now for a good rest :D

Second photo is nice :)

Sure she'll appreciate them more in a few years when she looks back at how much she did!

Just making some corrections to my Diss. Need to do more of the Discussion tomorrow, more Stats (which I still don't understand), then get it printed and bound! :anxious:

You've got to laugh... must be spring fever here at work!

The gamekeeper mended a rip in the crotch of his trousers with duck tape and got on with his work... until he got off the tractor and gave himself a waxing. I shall be issuing a memo to the fact that he really ought to wear underpants. :roll:

They've been building a boat at work today - someone gave one of the carpenters a bet to build a usable boat in a day; it is built, although it appears to be held together with gaffer tape, and is ready for a launch on one of the lakes on Thursday. The 'nominated' sailor will be bringing in a spare set of clothes! I shall be taking a video :wink:

What a week - furry and feathery revolt to contend with.

Feathery - spring has sprung and first warm day i go to collect my eggs to be met with a feathery bottom :shock: "sorry " I said and on going back later found same feathery butt :idea: ah I thought , brooody. " ok love " I said to Jez my elderly and only Omlet girl " you need a man to have babies and I aint getting a man for you not in this area - neighbours would lynch us so get out into the sun and less of this ladee" I found 3 lovely warm eggs. Shes too old in my opinion to be thinking of luvre!!

We have a new kitten Basil - ginger and champagne mog with spots not stripes and grey eyes. Hes a terror and my other 2 cats went into meltdown. A week on and tabby Honey will sniff his bum :vom: and let him jump on her tail, Sandy ginger tom hisses like a spitting cobra and gives the small lad a cuff.

Basil was obviously a man in a former life as he has inspected the inside of the fridge, dishwasher and washing machine (health and safety look away) has left me with large scratches and can now get up on the table. :shameonu: He scared me to death the other day when he joined my cheese sarnie on my plate :shock: He is very cute (11 out of 10) cuddly and soo funny.

So iF i said I was knackered I wouldnt be lying.

The Dogmother - from chats with the boys - in the army if you have pushed yourself so hard that you throw up after exercise you are respected for sheer guts and determination. Respect to Rosie 8)

Have had a few days in Europe. Loved Trier and Freiberg but wasn't keen on Mons. Glad I went there though because of ES's old regiment, 1st RHA. His troop fired the first artillery shell of WW1, the day before Battle of Mons. I was hoping to go to museums etc but had difficulty getting over Rhine and didn't get there til late. Found a brilliant little Italian restaurant though with a lovely chap who was cooking and front of house, everything on his own and so friendly.

My German is getting better, actually holding whole conversations instead of blurting out irrelevant words.

The hotel just outside Freiberg provided free guest travel on local transport which covered trams and trains so we went to nearby lake, rented a boat and pottered about for a while. It was very hot, sunny and peaceful, my birthday actually so lovely way to spend the day.

In the hotel 's village ( Kirchzarten) the church had a stork nesting on the roof which I found very exciting because I've never seen a stork and one evening there was a fire brigade cadet parade.

It had a small warehouse selling beer and wine and a bakerei with big old pretzels for sale. We went back to the hotel fully laden. I like visiting Germany.