Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Well done Chucky Mama's YS, you've raised a great kid there.

Quite excited, my neighbour has had her baby. She's had a rubbish pregnancy, with pre-eclampsia (think that's the right term - what Lady Sybil had) a little boy, roughly two months early but home already. Going to visit tomorrow, I love new born babies. If you don't mind I'll tell you all about him.

I know too Fred but not sure this knowledge in the hands of an enthusiastic 15 year old boy is necessarily a good thing :lol: - in all seriousness, I have talked him through it but also through an appropriate time to use it. Chances are no one will have a biro on them, more likely a mobile phone :lol:

I know too Fred but not sure this knowledge in the hands of an enthusiastic 15 year old boy is necessarily a good thing :lol: - in all seriousness, I have talked him through it but also through an appropriate time to use it. Chances are no one will have a biro on them, more likely a mobile phone :lol:

Rosie is the same CM, she knows all the basics from what I have taught her and what she's learned on lifeguarding course, but at that age, they are full on enthusiasm and it sometimes overtakes their common sense, still, it's good to have the mindset of being able to improvise. I used clingfilm over a burns dressing on a chap at work a month ago, it sorted the problem until he got to A&E.

DD had her final exam this morning, so that is her finished school. she will be going to college in September.

She has just left for her part time job, she is driving herself for the first time in her own car. I will be nervously waiting her return home at 10pm tonight.

It is strange when they grow up.

Our ED is home from uni for a week to make a dress for her upcoming end of year ball. She has just finished her first year exams, I can't believe that her first year is nearly over. She has really thrown herself into uni life, by joining several societies and trying out new things. She is happy and has matured into a confident young woman with a great sense of fun and zest for life :D

We went out for a drink with her last night, it is so nice to have an adult relationship with a child that you have brought up, it makes the hard work along the way feel so worthwhile.

End of proud mummy moment :wink:

Flash from the past today - YS 12 came in singing "never gonna give u up" by Rik Asterly :shock: - I was able to join in and do a quick mummy boogie round kitchen narrowly missing stepping on the kitten :roll: Apparentely they are all singing it at school not sure why but if I find out I'll let you know (if you want to :lol: ) he got told off for singing it in science. teacher obviously not a fan of my son or Rik.

No other news - weather truly gorgeus and making wish I was slimmer rather than middleaged with the spread to match. hey ho a gal can dream :D

I'm off to meet Robert Carlyle in a couple of weeks. He's doing an interview for the Edinburgh International Film Festival; He tweeted back at me that I'm insane to be travelling 18 hours just to see him (that's the Cornwall travel network for you! My friend is travelling from Mexico & it will only take her 11 hours!) . I've been promised a photo with him too :D I am practicing not blushing or speaking with a squeak :lol::oops:

That's dedication for you!

Been a hectic first day back at work - a mountain of catching up to do, less days this week to do it in, and more stuff adding to the pile as I slog through it... you get the idea :roll: still, there was a fun element; they had the shearers in today (a kiwi and a bunch of ENORMOUS Welsh lads) they spent the day shearing the sheep and Alpaca, and cutting their hooves. It was rather like a rodeo and got a bit wild west at times; I disappeared when the lads started racking up injuries :roll::wink:

We have some quail chicks in the incubator in the staff mess; teeny Chinese Quail apparently.... soo sweet.

You know how it is when you get back from hols, go into work and wonder why you bothered taking a week off? :roll: Loads going on this week, a total mess with deliveries, paperwork and petty cash. Meetings regarding an event we have next month and far too little time to get it all done in.

I think I need another week off!

I would do what my colleague did when she found a baby blackbird orphaned (she waited 2 hours to see if mum came back) - stuffed it in her bra to keep it warm till they could get it to animal hosp and shes not big up top. Not sure how many quail you could accomodate but would mean you could carry on with your chores!! Not much help am I? :whistle: getting coat...............