Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

My ED has gone camping with her boyfriend and dance partner this weekend for a dance competition. She left for the railway station at 1.30pm for what should have been a 4 hour journey and it took 8, they sat in a station about 15 miles from here for an hour and a half, because there was a fire on the embankment further along the line, then got diverted miles around the houses, shifted from train to train. She doesn't have a good record with train journeys, I don't think that she will be keen in the future. :roll:

Trying to find funny thread re cats who bring in funny things either in their mouths or stuck to their magnetic collars. Failed. Basil our small cat/large kitten excelled himself the other night. He bought in what resembled a toupee. It was minging. OH thought our other cat had had a moult - some moult it was huge. I picked it up and binned it. If there is a balding man in NW London whose lost his hair - sorry its in my bin. :vom: It probably wasnt one but definatley not a rodent etc.

Some lovely friends of mine live in a nearby village and grow organic produce; they take my excess chicken manure when my composters are full, and then present me with the most delicious organic veg when in season... got back from the evening dog walk to find carrier bags of carrots, new taters, BIG cabbage and courgettes. I have just had two raw carrots, julienned and eaten with homemade houmous.... YUM

I do love farmers' deals 8)

Just back from a week in Paris with Becky and now its time for The Pet Show! :D

Had a really good time - we did all the touristy bits and attempted to be cultured in all the museums but mostly resorted to taking photos with all the statues :roll::lol:

Glad you had a good time Lewis, hope the show goes well.

I am off to shoot 12 dozen arrows at the first of the two matches for the President's Medal at the archery club. Due to various things this year, I have done very little shooting so am lacking practice. It will be a long day I think but hopefully it will be good fun.

Chrissie

Hope you had a good day shooting?

The Pet Show was really busy - not what I expected and different to all the other shows. A lot more kids wanting to hold animals (we had chickens, quail and chicks) rather than adults asking sensible questions we usually get at other shows :lol:

Just been an had my hair cut ready for an interview for a graduate job this afternoon!

The job sounds similar to my Uni farm work with the research sheep, except with dairy cow nutrition driving around collecting data from cows on loads of different farms! :D

My Sky broadband has been down since Friday.

Ring up Sky, they try to do a line test and say BT are doing some maintenance so they can't.

Ring up Sky again, they do the line test and say our line is u"Ooops, word censored!"tainable, try again later.

Ring up Sky yet again, there is too much noise on the line, so the router won't work, BT will need to look into it. (funny as the broadband was working fine beforehand)

Ring up BT, line test shows up as fine, but we can send an engineer around.

Engineer comes round, replaces main phone box and this fixes the noise on the line. Also checks all the extensions and they work fine. But the broadband still doesn't work.

Ring up Sky again, they say the router will need replacing, at the cost of £37! But the technical department will have to do more line tests etc tomorrow.

No way am I paying £37 for a new router. Sky has been at fault since day 1, yet tried passing the buck over to BT.

All of the broadband providers seem to be as bad as each other, all falling over each other to get your business, but once they have it they lose interest.

We have had no end of double with our BT Infinity broadband since we were 'upgraded' for free just before christmas. It drops out constantly, we have had no end of line test and changes in wireless channels to no avail. :roll: