Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Sooooo hot, not complaining but despite sitting in shade and wearing minimum clothing short of becoming a nudist :shock::shock: I am still hot - must be my age. YS remarked on my short dress just above knee and wore short cut off trousers to go to allotment and farm under so not to frighten anyone. Funny I dont feel the heat in the Med - I think our houses are not built for hot humid weather.

Luckily my house is lovely and cool in this weather.

Very hot again here today and Rosie had to pull out of her triathlon after she had an accident on her bike and ended up skidding along on the track with the bike on top of her. Luckily no real injuries, just a twisted knee, some gravel rash and some major hack-offedness as she was doing so well until then; she was in second place and just starting her 3rd lap on the bike before changing to run. The injuries are fine now though.... one poor lad wasn't so lucky and ended up with a broken ankle and flayed a lot of skin off his back, luckily one of the coaches is an A&E consultant.

It's hard to stop them getting in, isn't it? The blighters were picking off the ducklings on the lakes earlier in the year, they didn't dare start on the goslings as the parents are scary.

can you run an electric tape over the gate that comes on around dusk, over night and goes off at daylight?

It was a very small fox that limbo'd under the gate so I've used huge cable ties to attach another wrought iron gate I had knocking about to fill the gap and make it heavier. Added the front end of my Omlet run to the top so if I can rig something up for the latch to work, it shouldn't manage through (there's a wall and garage either side).

It'll slow it down if nothing else.

Spooky moment this pm - have posted many times re the fact electrical items in our house and our last house do funny things.

Got in from a hard day at the surgery and having a cuppa with OH and there was a lull in conversation when a plummy voice piped up " Ahead turn right" :shock: I looked at OH and thought " he didnt move his lips" :lol: - no I didnt - I said " its the satnav " - the satnav sits in its box on bookshelf - had turned on and announced which way we should go on our sofas. :roll: The bizarre thing is I have heard OH swearing at it for not speaking when he wants it too and then it speaks without prompting. Spooky :anxious:

You shouldve flashed your credit card and said "WPC ANH put your belt on, tie up doggie and put the phone away" :lol:

PM - wasnt there a song called " ghost in the machine" - do your dogs go into the utility? Animals sense things I read sometwhere . our cats sometimes start intently at nothing - I suspect its normal but occ I wonder............... :anxious:

A middle-aged man drove up to the lights beside me today.

1. He had no seatbelt on (he put it on while I was watching).

2. He had a small dog unrestrained on the front seat.

3. He was talking on a mobile (and had been doing so as he drove up).

Oh how I wished I was a policewoman :evil: .

I regularly used to see one person doing something similar, in the end I took a photo of them, including the car reg and emailed it to a friend of mine on the local force.

:lol::lol: Great!

I used to drive into Oxford for work, and was regularly pestered by a BMW tailgater (I am not a slow driver, but stay within the limit), they overtook me once and went haring off, about 3 miles on I saw the car in the ditch (it was an icy day) I slowed down to check that neither of the lads was hurt, then drove on and called the police to report to and their dangerous driving. I was called back later to give a statement. I hope that karma bit their bums and they got a caution or points.