Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

I got shouted at on our walk this morning ... for putting a poo bag in the bin ... no, it wasn't a dedicated poo bin, but the Council is always at pains to state that any bin will do, you don't have to "save it" for a poo bin ... I was quite shocked (and really quite upset now, as I was on my own at the time and never really react very well to this sort of thing). There are so many people who don't pick it up at all, I do, and still get shouted at, I'm really upset ... or is it me? :cry::cry:

It's not you Bramble, I wouldn't worry about it. It does rile you at the time though, doesn't it?

I was once shouted at by a bloke who saw Ruby weeing and thought she was doing a poo, which I was ignoring. I have to say that I put him right on that and showed him where she'd been so he could check. However, i did commend him on his vigilance, but pointed out that a gentler approach might get a better reception :roll:

Thank you DM, that helps ... can't believe how upset I feel about it ... the guy clearly isn't a dog person (which I completely understand) and moaned that the bin concerned is near to houses (I tend to find most of them are?) and why should he have to put up with it ... I can see his point but I do feel a bit "got at" ...

I ALWAYS clear up after Willow - but still got shouted at by a horrid women once because she said you could still see where she'd been (you could, short of licking the path clean of a small amount of "residue", I'm not sure what else I could do, but it would have dried to nothing in minutes) ... is it me?

How annoying Bramble :twisted: Our council also have an 'any bin will do' policy to try and encourage people to actually use one (some people apparently still struggle with this concept though).

Don't get upset about it, you were absolutely in the right and at least you actually picked up which is more than half the dog owning population seem to do! Perhaps this man should be complaining to the council if he doesn't like the policy of using any bin, rather than shouting at law abiding women in the street :twisted:

DM - what a numpty! (The man, not you).

Thanks DM and LB, I do sympathise with the chap to a degree, the bins do get quite full at times (not just with poo bags, with general rubbish too), but surely that means they need emptying more often, not that people should use them less :|

I saw the most mind-bogglingly idiotic thing this afternoon. Loading dogs back into the car after an afternoon walk, we were parked on a grass verge. I see a car coming towards us - slowly - on the wrong side of the road. Then I notice a dog running beside the car on the verge, the driver holding a flexi lead out of the window :shock:

It was quite warm at this stage in the afternoon, so not exactly a good idea to have an (overweight) dog forced to run, and that's before I even start on how incredibly dangerous this is for dog, driver and other vehicles!

Please tell me that I am missing some very obvious, rational and logical reason why someone would do such an incredibly lazy, idiotic and dangerous thing?! I was completely flabbergasted!

LB that's ridiculous - I've seen people "walking" their dogs whilst riding a bike (obviously the person is riding the bike, not the dog :anxious: ) and wonder how on earth they manage to control the dog and the bike at the same time - but doing it from a car is just mad and I'd have thought very dangerous ...

I think I've just seen a woodworm in our hallway :shock:

There was a tiny pile of sawdust outside the bedroom door which I'm sure wasn't there last time I cleaned.

About an hour later OH shrieked for me to come and have a look.

Massive (about 1 inch long) fat white grub :vom::vom::vom:

I put it outside for the birds to eat :angel:

LB that's ridiculous - I've seen people "walking" their dogs whilst riding a bike (obviously the person is riding the bike, not the dog :anxious: ) and wonder how on earth they manage to control the dog and the bike at the same time - but doing it from a car is just mad and I'd have thought very dangerous ...

There's a chap in our village who runs a husky alongside his bike. I don't mind that so much although it's obviously not risk free - they both wear hi-viz, the dog is on a short lead and they are on the right side of the road! Plus the likelihood of serious damage happening if the dog goes under the wheels is much less.

The lady in the car was clearly totally bonkers!

Was cantering in the indoor school on Boxer, lost my stirrups and fell off in slow motion... Was fine but felt stupid at the time! :roll::lol:

Riding Instructor made sure I was ok but I got straight back on... Could feel it in the top of my back the next day!

My final Uni exam is on Wednesday... I should really be revising hard for it but instead have been planning more chicken stuff and sending out samples of a new red mite treatment I made for my Dissertation!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine :D

Just received a telling off from eBay for leaving negative comments with a positive feedback. Well, you can only leave positive feedback as a seller so what am I supposed to to when my seller is a complete eejit and as rude as can be. Got to warn other sellers :wall:

It's ridiculous, whats the point of having a feedback system if you can only leave positives? Ebay doesnt understand that there are a lot more bad buyers out there than sellers.