Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Hope you'll forgive me some proud mum boasting :P .

ES was 7th and first student over the line at the Dumyat Hill Race at Stirling Uni on Wednesday. He even got interviewed and a photo taken for the Uni sports news page.

He then got an email saying there's a chance of being selected to run for Scotland (he's been doing really well in a lot of races recently) :shock: . He'll need to do a trial first though. He's already running for the East of Scotland in a few weeks' time in Yorkshire :D .

YS was 22nd out of more than 250 runners and poor old OH was 48th (he never gets a look in these days :lol: ).

I've had one of those Good Grief days.. all to do with chickens - bear with the slightly long story...

The first is a quicker one; I turned up at the local supplier today to pick up some feed and heard that someone had dumped a chicken in a box and gone off - this hen was pretty poorly with a very advanced state of peritonitis and some half-wit had obviously decided that they didn't want to pay the vet bills or have it put down. I had to despatch the poor thing as she was obviously suffering - at least she had a peaceful passing. Why on earth do people take on animals if they're not prepared to accept and deal with the consequences?!

2nd instance; I hear that a man and his wife bought some chickens (coop, and all the bits) earlier in the week, and now want to return them as.... 'they've not bonded with them' :evil:

The last act of idiocy relates to the bloke living in the street backing onto us, who has a flock of hens and a cockerel. Now I wouldn't even think about having a cock in such a closely populated area :roll: this bird has been getting gradually louder as it got older, and as I predicted, was soon crowing at the top of its lungs at 4am every morning... there have been mutterings about both that and the fact that this bloke's chickens are always escaping into neighbouring gardens. Just had a call from my neighbour who backs onto the chicken keeper; it turns out that the bloke who keeps them is badly paranoid schizophrenic and has decided that he can no longer keep them, so has let them loose to fend for themselves (as you do!). The chicken keeper's lodger has caught the hens and bunged them in a wheelie bin! And the cock is somewhere at large in the vicinity.

I have told the neighbour to call the RSPCA, and am about to head out to see if I can net the cockerel :evil: I hear that they are infested with lice and mites, so I shan't be offering to rehome any of them!!!!

Heavens to Murgatroyd :roll:

Hope you'll forgive me some proud mum boasting :P .

ES was 7th and first student over the line at the Dumyat Hill Race at Stirling Uni on Wednesday. He even got interviewed and a photo taken for the Uni sports news page.

He then got an email saying there's a chance of being selected to run for Scotland (he's been doing really well in a lot of races recently) :shock: . He'll need to do a trial first though. He's already running for the East of Scotland in a few weeks' time in Yorkshire :D .

YS was 22nd out of more than 250 runners and poor old OH was 48th (he never gets a look in these days :lol: ).

Wow that is a real acheivement, well done him. Isn't it great to have somewhere to share these things :D

Wow that is a real acheivement, well done him. Isn't it great to have somewhere to share these things :D

You're so right, sometimes you can't boast too much in front of "actual" friends, especially if they have kids the same age :? .

I tried to tell my colleagues at work today - before I'd even stopped talking, a colleague (who I do like very much) immediately launched into a tale about how her daughter had come 3rd in an athletics race :? . Don't mind that obviously, but "Ooops, word censored!"ody even had a chance to respond to me :( .

I've dropped my lovely Samsung tablet into a sink of washing up :cry:

I know I shoudn't have had it near water but I was doing a mountain of washing up and I was bored and I wanted to catch up on some telly I had missed the other night.

OH was very pragmatic about it as he tried to dry it out. However it seems to be totally, completely and utterly defunct. :doh::doh::doh:

I am so cross with myself. I don't really do gadgets but this was fabulous and I loved it. :cry: