Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Put my wellies on this morning to take dog for a walk. They'd been outside for a couple of days and didn't think anything of it. Then the toe of my left foot started to feel a bit wet and squishy :shock: It got worse and worse the more I walked and I suddenly thought, the only way it could feel like this but not feel anything crunchy was if there was a slug in the end of my boot :vom: On the way home I started to dread having to take my boot off to see what mess was there. When I did I found.......nothing! It's amazing what your brain can conjure up! My left toes really did feel cold and wet :lol:

Who is that on your avatar? End of an era - put 2 pairs of boots in recycle this morning. One pair I had had since the 80's -sob. Big split in side. The others had a split underneath and leaked. Got my moneys worth there I think. I feel energised having de-cluttered - how sad is that? :D

Spent the afternoon pretending to be a Vet and a Farmer, castrating the group of 2 month old calves :D

Used anaesthetic and a scalpel, was really interesting!

In other news, my Dissertation isn't going exactly to plan. Its in for Wednesday and have spent the last 3 days trying to do my Stats! My Diss Supervisor suggested I do more lab work on Tuesday, write it up Tuesday night for Weds... Somehow I don't think so!

Sorry he didn't get the job ANH - I know a vet who has had problems with cleaners stealing drugs etc so they have to be really careful!

Oh Lewis, I hope you get the dissertation sorted - remember to shout if you need help proofing and formatting it. XX

We needs to clip the alpacas' feet at work... well, I hope not to get involved, having heard the tales of the last 'rodeo' :roll: I may just watch the lads make fools of themselves :wink: they need shearing too (alpaca, not men) but we get a shearer in for that.

One of the Longhorn bulls is going up for sale as he's related to all the ladies in the herd now, so can't be mated with them. I'll get the camera out and get some photos done if it's sunny tomorrow. He's a handsome chap and the size of a van!

I posted myself just outside of Penzance today, to see James May, Gary Barlow, Dr Brian Cox & Chris Evans speed by in their pink Rolls Royce. They are going from Lands End to John O'Groats to raise money for breast cancer care :D

I stood with two lovely ladies that I had just met, as you do when you're hanging by the side of the road, waiting for a passing car :lol:

It was a really bright sunny day & I couldn't see the video buttons on my phone properly. The drove by, slowed down so I got some lovely footage & they waved & beeped their car horn at us :D

When I got home, I realised that I had accidentally pressed the pause button when they drove by :roll:

Went to work this morning to sort + feed the pet lambs, came back and went for lunch with Becky, went to the National Library of Wales to do some work (is intimidatingly quiet!), then had an hour meeting with a lecturer to sort the Stats for my Diss...

Came home and pretty much collapsed into bed. Was shivery but burning up with fever, slept for 3 hours and feeling a bit better now but think the overtiredness and stress is finally getting to me! :roll:

Fred, I meant to post this the other day. When we were TB testing my hands had gone almost scaley from working on the farm

blogger-image--1327772521.jpg