Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Rather late last night; was due to collect Rosie and two of her friends from a party at 10.30pm, and got a text from Rosie to head over there earlier as one of her friends was 'drunk off her face' and she was really worried. Drove over there (nearby village) and found that this girl - looks like her drinks had been mixed/spiked as she'd only had a couple of beers - but was totally incapable and had wandered off into a field in the dark and Rosie couldn't find her.

Longstoryshort.... got her back to town, with copious amounts of vomiting into a bag in the back, R looked after her and kept her sort of conscious. Called this girl's dad to say that I was calling an ambulance as she was in a very bad state, we met up with her dad and the ambulance on the way home, by this time the girl was really poorly and covered in sick :roll: Got her out of the car and into the recovery position, she, her dad and younger brother all went off to hospital and we dropped the other lass off home. Salutary lesson to R and other friend.

Car needs cleaning now and I haven't had a text back form the dad to let me know how the girl is.

Gosh what a night you had. Lucky girl that Rosie was there and had the sense to call you.

If her drinks had been spiked, what a stupid thing to do, I can't see why people do that it is so stupid and can be so dangerous. Thank goodness you and Rosie were able to look after her and get her the help she needed or it could have been a very sad evening.

I hope she is ok.

Chrissie

Good job that Rosie called you, her friend is lucky to have loyal people around her.

A work colleague was telling me a tale a while back from her early twenties when she had her drink spiked and she tried to walk home but collapsed and couldn't move for a couple of hours, she was aware of herself but couldn't walk. She said that taught her a lesson she was lucky that nothing happened to her because she was alone when it happened.

Hope that the girl is ok and learns from this.

Just heard that she's OK, been in hospital on a drip all night, no drugs in her bloods, but it is likely that her drink had been topped up with vodka :roll: we are going to see her later today.

Having ignored me in the past (I am old, what do I know?) Rosie is now taking notice... I was a bit wild in my teens and saw some pretty horrid things happen to people who were too drunk to care/know.

I remember some less than sensible nights with vodka as a teenager - at that age you don't realise what powerful stuff it is, so the temptation is to top up your own drink with it, or someone else's (as in the case of Rosie's poor friend) to try and get drunk quicker - with no idea of what a fine line it is between merry and paralytic. Well done Rosie for looking after her friend.

According to a friend who is Mum to an older teenager, the in thing now is for teens to tank themselves up on booze before a night out by drinking vodka through a funnel :shock: They do it because it's cheaper than buying drinks in pubs and clubs. Scary stuff and really dangerous.

Glad shes ok - shes lucky to have a lovely friend and friends mum to take care of her. I read in paper some poor girl had died after going to Reading Festival. Very sad - possible spiking of drinks. ES's mate purchased a drug off someone there drank a whole bottle of vodka and was foaming at the mouth - they called the first aiders. ES seems shocked by drugs and I hope he will always be so not so alcohol. Recently he got legless and I was really cross with him - he smelt like a tramp and I was worried he'd choke on his vomit. And yes I was a bit wild when I left home so no angel.

oh and Fred - sorry forgot you were London too. :wink:

Just moved YS into his first flat at Uni. He's got the smallest room which you would struggle to swing a cat in.

They'd cut a section out of the skirting board to fit the double bed in :? . We decided it would be better the other way round so disassembled the bed (with the help of an allan key from a very helpful bike shop down the road 8) ) and it's a bit better now. Still not cat-swinging proportions though. There is no desk or chair - useful for a student :roll: . I will be contacting the letting agents on Monday :shameonu: .

There are some nice touches: 3 wheelie bins right outside his window (which is right on the pavement); a coffee jar full of fag ends at their back door (courtesy of Polish neighbour apparently) :vom: ; back garden full of split bin bags and metre high weeds (environmental health have been called).

Have spent the weekend back in Aberystwyth running a course to do with chickens so had a great weekend :D

Sha (Chook n Boo mum) and family came along to help me out which was really appreciated too! We were going to see Laurmurf but her migrane and my lack of phone signal meant it didn't happen!

Suspect Rosie's friend may have topped up her own drinks but too embarrassed to tell her Dad but glad she was ok.

Shame about YS's room ANH - know what you mean about rearranging rooms. My Uni room for the last 2 years was quite big but long and thin so the single bed couldn't fit across the width of the room, I changed it around every couple of months to change it up a bit and I really miss it now.

Was wierd driving past yesterday and seeing the lights on upstairs in 'my' house and it wasn't one of us.

We also had a spectacular sunset. Very beautiful.

DM hope Rosie's friend is ok.

I am old enough to know better and still find it difficult to know my alcohol limits on nights out. Four years ago I was on a rare work night out and was very poorly the next day. These days I am just as happy to be the designated driver.

DM - your post is 4.46am. How much sleep do you need? I am in awe - I find the 6am alarm kills me and I am not late to bed. Must be the menopause :roll:

Ummm, it looks like 5.36am to me Ali :lol: It's still too early and I need far more sleep than I usually get. Monday is an early start at work though and I have to get the dogs walked, chickens, cats and dogs fed, Rosie woken etc before I can get myself ready and off to work.

Have spent the weekend back in Aberystwyth running a course to do with chickens so had a great weekend :D

Sha (Chook n Boo mum) and family came along to help me out which was really appreciated too! We were going to see Laurmurf but her migrane and my lack of phone signal meant it didn't happen!

You're welcome Lewis! Shame we didn't see L & D :( , nor Aber, except as a whistlestop tour :shock: ...we all enjoyed our time in Wales, some parts were definitely better than others though :lol:

Having got all enthused with the boys Three Peak Challenge last month, we as a family "did" Snowdon last Thursday...my small boy nursed me up the Pig Track & we came down Miner's at our own speed, while DH & our smallest child trundled up & down Miner's Path...DS managed his trek in just under 3hrs (2hrs 58) & I toddled in at 3hrs 44, tho' I'll admit to not quite getting to the summit as I stopped to administer a blister plaster whilst T raced to the top....tbh I was not keen on fighting through the large number of bods up there! Am still very happy with my achievement....and have no inclination to repeat the experience :anxious: ....and so proud of DS, he was aiming to beat or at least match the time set by the team last month (3 hrs 25), which he did....mainly due to misreading his watch & panicking that he had run out of time :lol: ...the weather was hideous, walking in a wet cloud was I'm sure not to everyone's taste, I didn't mind, meant I couldn't see the drop down the mountain :clap:

Glad to hear it went well Lewis, we had an update from Sha and family who popped in on their way back home.

Thank you for the tea & wee stop C, greatly appreciated! :D