Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

major blond moment today. Have helped YS 11 to make a volcano for geography (teachers be aware its the parents building these monstrosities not the little darlings you teach) . So there I was slapping on paint and I said in all seiousness to son " we'll add a dinosaur so it looks like the Crotian period" he looked puzzled so I added for good measure "crustacian period?" He fell about laughing and said "its creutacious" - visions of masses of Crotian people and crabs under a volcano flashed before our eyes. My friends OH is doing a shanty town for their son this week - their son will be on the PS3 and wandering in and out giving guidance. Now wheres that toy crab?

:lol: :lol:

We expect pictures you know ;)

I remember for one of our year 9(?) Science projects we we're doing something about Beavers, most people did Powerpoint presentations... We made a 3ft Beaver dam out of sticks, mud and a hot glue gun :D

Just got back from a wasted journey to Evesham (about an hour and a half each way) :roll: to cut along story short... Phil's folks lent his brother one of those chairs for oldsters (you know the high ones with a straight back and let-down arms) for use by an old in-law over Christmas. Phil's folks needed it back for a neighbour who is having a hip op and wants to borrow it. We said we'd meet P's brother in Evesham as it's half way between us, in my van as it's the only thing this darned chair will fit in :roll:

We get half way back when P's mum phones to say that the neighbour (who was aware that we were collecting it today) has decided that she doesn't need it. :evil: I wouldn't mind but this blinking thing is wedged in my vehicle!

Phone rang this morning and woke me up. Conversation went like this:

Me: hello?

Phone: Hello is that Mr Z?

Me: Yes it is

Phone: This is New Scotland Yard (que me sitting bolt upright)

Turns out they just wanted some clarification on a few details, but answering the phone to New Scotland Yard early in the morning was not what I had expected!

Phone rang this morning and woke me up. Conversation went like this:

Me: hello?

Phone: Hello is that Mr Z?

Me: Yes it is

Phone: This is New Scotland Yard (que me sitting bolt upright)

Turns out they just wanted some clarification on a few details, but answering the phone to New Scotland Yard early in the morning was not what I had expected!

:shock::shock: What a shock I hate it when the phone rings early, it brings back awful memories of when my parents were alive and one of them would have been taken ill in the night.

Glad it was all ok, when you had recovered from the shock :D

Chrissie

Fred, I worked at NSY for a while. It was bit of a punishment posting and I didn't like it but at least I can tell you that I did.

I've had a tiring touristy day in London with DD, my sister and my niece. Liberty's first to check out haberdashery which was lovely but too pricey for me. I bought a crochet hook because I had to buy something!

Then Carnaby Street for lunch - sausage&mash in Mother Mash. After that we strolled round Camden Market and then up Primrose Hill to gaze across to the Shard and check out the bench that spies always sit on in spy programmes.

Photo is the Shard with it's head in the clouds.

IMAG0971-1.jpg

Would you believe it I have just fallen over. Lived here for 6yrs and fallen over doorstep. I was coming back in to kitchen with empty saucepan having given the gals some left over rice and fell. Dish washer was open awaiting saucepan - crash bang scream. OH found me spreadeaggled on the floor. I hit my well cushioned butt on corner of dishwasher. I ache down the rt side but no bones broken. Nearly 51 - I tick dad off for not taking care but I am just as bad. Several friends have low Vit D levels which makes me think I must get mine done. I think tall women are clumsy - Miranda Harts made a living out of it - probably I could join her? :lol: I blame the hens for making me take leftovers to them :shameonu:

Naughty hens :shameonu::lol: Hope you don't feel too bruised tomorrow. I forgot I stood up the ramp we have by the front door for the wheelchair, as it was getting slippery with the snow and ice. Went to put some glass jars into the recycling bin by the front door, overstepped and nearly did myself a mischief! :oops:

Took DD 4 to dance class on Monday, just got her tap shoes on when she asked if I had remembered to bring her basket so she could practise for the show. Opps :roll: I had left it on the sofa. She stamped her foot down with hands on hip and said " Oh Mummy I’m so disappointed in you"

That was me told

Sage :lol::lol:

Having a bad start to the day!

Woke up to find the felt has been ripped off the shed roof, going to have to go and do battle with the wind in a minute and try and salvage what I can.

One of my peanut feeders has been pulled out of the tree just leaving the top bit dangling. The squirrels often do this, but this time, they've scarpered with the lower bit. I can just see a trail of nuts leading towards a thicket of brambles :roll: I shall burrow in there once I've sorted out the shed.

Lastly, one of my very greedy cats has just scoffed her breakfast too fast and projective vomited half digested biscuits all down the front of my bookcase.

Oh yes, and while I was cleaning up the vomit, my naughty tabby boy has broken into the spare room where I had a pile of lovely clean white bedding ready to be ironed and attacked it with muddy paws.

It can only get better from now on... :anxious:

Loved the comment from your little one Sage... :lol:

Can sympathise; I had a cat retching up a furball on my bed at 2am...... he was swiftly drop-kicked onto the floor!

Some really positive news though; having been through a period of instability/stress at work since the takeover, and facing redundancy, I have been offered a fantastic position as assistant to the Estate Manager on the country estate of a millionaire financier. It is a farming estate, so matches my background well and I am very excited. :dance:

Wow! That sounds fantastic!!

Congratulations, you must be beside yourself with excitement :D

On a more positive note here...

Have patched the shed roof and slithered into the brambles and retrieved the (spanking new squirrel proof, I might add) peanut feeder.

Washing is on and ready for my next challenge of the day :lol: