Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

After nearly 8 weeks, we FINALLY have internet in my Uni house! :mrgreen: Have missed coming on here, missed Facebook and just how useful the internet is :D

Have LOADS of work to do for the next few weeks so really need to make a start on that this weekend, have a few busy weekends coming up.

Parking is a nightmare in Aber too. We have 6 spaces on our street for 6 houses (of 8), 2 churches, council buildings and 6+ businesses... Usually end up having to park across town as everywhere is either 30 mins/1hour parking and double yellow lines.

Clare, tell Rosie I'll kick her bum (gently of course 'cos of healing!) if she's grumpy again ;)

Actually I was just thinking what ES nearly 17 was wearing today - white Tshirt and yes dark trackies and big black coat, however I think it still proves the driver saw them. But its not worth arguing over - I also wear dark clothes - surpose to be slimming :whistle: however this morning just to contradict myself I am in jeans and an aqua t thirt. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

poor lad - he will hold that against her forever. My eldest never let me forget I sent him in uniform when it was a sport day. me being me - rushed home grabbed footy kit and dropped it at school.

DD went in to school in uniform on mufti day....a mummy friend rang me & said she was on her way to collect clothes for small child as she had been so good about being only child in uniform....her father who dropped her was oblivious :roll:

Priceless.

I remember turning up at school with Rosie on an inset day which I had forgotten about :roll::oops:

More blinking fireworks here!!!! They started 10 days ago, and with a fearful dog it's no fun at all :( I have tried everything with her, some things having a bit of an effect, but ever since some kids lobbed fireworks in our direction in the park when Ruby was a youngster, she's been scared witless of them. They have been going off for well over an hour now, and the poor dog has been howling with fear; I've even driven her out into the countryside in the past to give her some relief.

I wouldn't mind but there's a fantastic local display every year for just £3 entry :roll:

Poor Ruby, that's no fun at all :( I'm lucky that Tango is not at all bothered by fireworks, but my parents' (now deceased) terrier used to be terrified of them. It was only in his last couple of years as his hearing went that he didn't climb the walls every time someone let off a firework. I can't help feeling that when there are so many, inexpensive, organised firework displays to attend that maybe public sale of fireworks should be banned. I bet New Year is no fun for you either? :(

I'm so fed up with fireworks this year, on and on, night after night for about three weeks. Large loud ones, late at night. I used to like them. :(

There is an e-petition to stop people buying them to use in gardens. Only to be available for displays. I'm going to sign. If people can't be considerate then they'll have to go without. Bah humbug! :twisted:

I bet New Year is no fun for you either? :(

Nope :( well not for Ruby anyway. It's my birthday on new year's day too (50 this time), but we daren't go out on the 31st as she kicks off at midnight and it disturbs the neighbours :oops: I think we'll be driving her up and down the M40 around midnight :roll: Either that or she goes to stay with a friend as they don't really get any their way.

There's one thing I haven't tried; drug called Zylkene, will see if that helps before new year by making loud bangs and seeing if she's bothered.

I'm so fed up with fireworks this year, on and on, night after night for about three weeks. Large loud ones, late at night. I used to like them. :(

There is an e-petition to stop people buying them to use in gardens. Only to be available for displays. I'm going to sign. If people can't be considerate then they'll have to go without. Bah humbug! :twisted:

Me too, we used to get them for about 2 or 3 nights, but now they have been going on for 10 days, on most nights and for hours at a time.

I have signed that petition too.

Since all the rooms in my house are now filled :D, I thought I would invite all my housemates to have dinner together, roast chicken and roast potatoes are in the oven as I type :drool:

What a lovely thought, I bet it smells good 8)

Went to remembrance service yesterday and it wasnt raining. Blue sky ,autumn leaves and a breeze - total silence - then the burgler played her burgle and in the pauses you could hear a dog in the nearby cottage howling. We had to smile even in a solem moment. His timing was spot on 0 obviously a music lover. :D

Some good news yesterday... Rosie managed to walk home from school on her crutches, a journey of about a mile. I was on standby to collect her if she couldn't do it, but I am really pleased that she has reached that milestone in her recovery 8) She is under instructions not to exhaust herself though. She has an appointment with the trauma team at the JR on Thursday to re-scan her pelvis to check that it's healing OK, and hopefully they will sign her off. She is now able to do some walking at home without the crutches too.

Still no contact from the local physio team though, despite the department at the JR prodding them twice :roll: I am going to see if I can look up a contact number fro them and see what's going on.