Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Well done Rosie! :D

Am just getting into a Bioethics assignment due in on Thursday... we've had it for a few weeks but I work better under pressure so 2 days early is good for me ;)

Have been trying to find a paper to use since Friday, chose one this afternoon and now understand it and am getting quite into it! :lol:

"Canine leishmaniosis: in vitro efficacy of miltefosine and marbofloxacin alone or in combination with allopurinol against clinical strains of Leismanina infantum" if anyone fancies a read :wink:

Have 8 assignments due in the next month, with most deadlines clashing rather than spread out :vom:

Glad to hear Rosie's doing so well. She is one determined young lady 8) .

Lewis, I'm tired out just reading that title :shock: . I'll leave the rest to you :lol: . Good luck with all your assignments.

I'll second that!

Sitting here with Lara, she was neutered today and had her back dew claws removed. She is a poor wee soul :(

If she's not mithering the stitches then you could take it off when you're around to keep an eye on her. It does drive them mad, doesn't it? Mine have never taken to The Cone of Shame, and having narrow heads, they don't stay on either. I just pop their racing muzzles on when I'm not around; they can still drink then just not pick at wounds/stitches.

Our rabbit (now in the run in Heaven) managed to wiggle out of his lampshade - thou how I will never know as it was failry well secured. Should have called him Houdini. the Cat removed his own stitches - I am unlucky that none of my animals ever do what the vet recommends. You can see them thinking " in your dreams mate" :roll:

Had a go fashioning something from a t-shirt but when she had it on she behaved really oddly. She refused to move and lifted her back leg up - quite high :shock: When we took it off she walked normally but kept trying to bite at her stitches. I will try the t-shirt again tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas.

TGIF - I am sooooo tired. Started new job 5 weeks ago and finding it tough. All so new and I feel stupid. (I am a nurse in Gps surgery)

Today i am cursing the mobile phone. ES phoned to ask where his trackie bottoms were (like I care) hes been told to only phone if the house is burning down or other acts of God. He got a terse reply, Then friend called re her candle party tonight :twisted: then and this one really got my goat - long story - at my last practice we were short staffed and we had a temp receptionist from Europe who seemed intent on making life difficult. The main receptionist even told her to leave the nurse alone shes busy. But she called me today to ask me something and i said I dont work there anymore. Then my last boss called. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh . In the end I switched it to silent.

sorry for the rant.

We had an evening like that with the land line phone yesterday, and also on Monday last week which wasour 20th wedding anniversary. My FIL & BIL thought that it would be ok to consult my OH in his professional capacity for 2 hours that evening and when we were in the restaurant, the owner recognised OH and started asking about her business. At least we had a nice quiet day together before all this happened. :evil:

I feel your pain.

Had a great weekend at The National! :D

Have been looking to get a new (2nd hand) car for a while and thought I'd found a really good Clio earlier.

Drove to Manchester to see it and turns out it was a Cat C, had an accident and was repaired... didn't say anything about it in the advert or when I rang so was a bit annoyed :(

Really want a new shape Corsa but they're expensive so have found a couple of '06 Fiesta's I'm going to look at tomorrow!

My car (VW Polo) is alright but '99 so £215 tax, 1.6l so £1800 insurance and MOT, Tax and Insurance are all due in a few weeks so would rather sell him and get a newer and cheaper to insure car!

DS had a VW Polo loved it, he was very said when he had to sell it, to get a vehicle capable of towing his girlfriends horsebox, she has a FIAT 500 :lol:

I had an old shape Clio and loved it then had the newer shape one and hated it :D

I now have a Citigo, if you want a little economical car I highly reccomend it, no road tax, low insurance and I am disappointed if I don't get 60 + mpg, sometimes manage 70mpg :shock: .

Good luck with your car buying, how annoying to go and look and then find it is unsuitable. Car buying can be a minefield.

Chrissie

I think I just scared the Ocado delivery man :oops: I answered the door forgetting that I was wearing my lurcher racing hoodie... the front says 'Fancy a quick one?' with a stylised picture of a lurcher. The back, which he couldn't see says 'The Lurcher Crew'.

I just said to Rosie that he looked at me funny... she said 'tell me that you didn't answer the door to a stranger in THAT hoodie :shock::roll:

Oh well, we never see the same driver twice.