Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

YS11 off to PGL with school for a week. Packed his enormous bag, I have to laugh at list - " bag for dirty washing" -dont be silly - clean and dirty come back in same bag :roll: also got some suntan cream - some hope in this country - but if i dont send it he might be the only one without it. Hey ho joys of motherhood.

Is it me, or does the spelling and grammar on this forum seem to be getting worse?

To me this is my relaxing time so personally I don't care about my spelling or grammar the way I would normally, as long as the point is clear I don't have a problem with others either

Also some people weren't lucky enough to have a good education or may be dyslexic

Should we perhaps have entry tests before members are accepted?

Chill out Fred :wink:

Its just the little things, like a lowercase I when referring to yourself. I am sure I have mentioned before that I am also dyslexic, but I still try to spell things correctly.

In other news, I passed my first year of university with a 2:1 :D

Having got that off my chest - YS arrived back from PGL covered in bites - he has bites where you shouldn't have bites poor love (only 11 too). As predicted his washing was er damp and all together so dumped whole lot in machine. Also did sleeping bag so if there was something in it - its drowned. :evil:

High drama at midnight last night - silly OH let our cat in who was hiding a mouse in his mouth which he deposited at the foot of stairs.

Now I don;t do mice - dead and outside is fine, alive and outside no problem but alive and in my house -no way. Blooming thing shot into kitchen with me, ES, cat and OH in pursuit - air was bleu and eventually cat and mouse were deposited outside and peace resumed.

I am amazed a cat can fit a whole mouse in its mouth without gagging and that their eyesight is pants. Suggested to OH he asks vet when they go for their jabs to test the cats eyes and then realised that was :doh: silly. It was late and I had been rudely awakened.

The combo of being covered in lice/mite powder and garlic butter, makes one smell rather interesting.

Have been at work today. Had to dust the chickens as someone found crawlers on the eggs :shock::o The kids also made tommy soup, dough balls and garlic butter. I washed up and ended up dropping a plastic cup with garlic butter in on my top :roll::roll::lol:

YS became the Swindon Junior Boys' High Jump champ a few weeks ago and was put through to the Wiltshire trials which was today...he won and is now the Wiltshire JBs High Jump Champ :D He got to stand on the podium with an Olympic Torch but no one had a camera :( I am so proud of him :D We should have been on a cookery course together today but we managed to postpone it. He had said that he would rather go on the cookery course (was a birthday present) as he didn't think he stood a chance in the comp but I thought he shouldn't miss the opportunity as he would forever be wondering if he could have won. He now goes through to the South West Championships :pray:

YS became the Swindon Junior Boys' High Jump champ a few weeks ago and was put through to the Wiltshire trials which was today...he won and is now the Wiltshire JBs High Jump Champ :D He got to stand on the podium with an Olympic Torch but no one had a camera :( I am so proud of him :D We should have been on a cookery course together today but we managed to postpone it. He had said that he would rather go on the cookery course (was a birthday present) as he didn't think he stood a chance in the comp but I thought he shouldn't miss the opportunity as he would forever be wondering if he could have won. He now goes through to the South West Championships :pray:

Wow. How mavellous!

It is particularly sweet as the PE teacher didn't even put him in the team for the first competition of the year. He was really upset. I had to give him a 'sit tight and bide your time/life can be unfair' style pep talk (despite the fact I was seething). She has since apologised to him. The day she dropped him from the team he joined the cricket team instead and they did far better than the athletics team. :lol:

:lol: I can imagine a hard stare from you, Egluntyne - don't think I'd want to be on the receiving end! Congratulations to your DS ChuckyMama.

I just discovered a bloodstain on the carpet in my bedroom - guessed it must be one of the cats, and so I need to hunt them down and find out who's injured and where. My exclamation of horror had my friend, who's staying this weekend, leaping out of bed to see what was up. Very embarrassed, she admitted that she was doing her makeup in my room yesterday and dropped her blusher! :lol:

I'm so relieved it's not an injury, that I don't mind about the mark on the carpet.

Never like PE teachers -so well done to CMs son and I second the hard stare. :twisted: When I was at school (not so long ago) our PE teachers were indulging in after school activites if you get my drift (if you dont an affair) rumour had it a child found them in the shower. Always had a mistrust of them since, that and anyone who sticks kids on a cold foggy East Midland hockey field in winter in shorts and T shirt is a sadist.

Fred - glad you seen sense - we are an educated bunch on 'ere and doncha forget it - awright! ?

That's great news CM, well done that boy, bet you're proud as heck.

Rosie's now on the track team and doing the county 'sports leadership' course in Oxford later this week... this from a child who hated athletics when she was younger :roll: she started running with me and carried on after I had to give up when my knees got all 'wore out' and packed up.