Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

My mother spent all day yesterday & today raising money for Help for Heroes. They raised nearly £800 yesterday and people were very generous today to show support after the murder of the RAF and Army guys.

She got very cold but wouldn't give in especially after the bad news. She is now toasting her feet in front of the fire with a glass of sherry.

My mother spent all day yesterday & today raising money for Help for Heroes. They raised nearly £800 yesterday and people were very generous today to show support after the murder of the RAF and Army guys.

She got very cold but wouldn't give in especially after the bad news. She is now toasting her feet in front of the fire with a glass of sherry.

Good for her :D:D

Sent txt to OH asking him to put hens out for FR. No reply (i was at work) - sent same txt albeit with some errors like the odd . or , where it shoudlnt be as a new phone and I am struggling to ES (on study leave) and got one back from ES telling me to speak properly. :shock: Bloomin check so I txted back in broad teen talk " doncha diss me son - respect " - another txt from ES "you are silly" :whistle: If the cap fits...............

I know what you mean, I have spent a lot of time with my 16yr old over the past fortnight because he is on study leave, and he likes to make little old person jokes, I am the smallest member of the family and he is the tallest, but I am neither that small or that old. :roll:

On the plus side it has been lovely spending a bit of one to one time with him during his breaks, I even got him up and into town by 9am this morning to open a bank account buy some shoes and he then went on to use my as his style guru when he bought a few shirts in the New Look sale, and we were back home in time for him to start his revision at about the same time as he would have if left to his own devices to get up. :D We had a good time and now he has stopped work and is making himself a pizza from scratch.

I've been off work all day with a poorly Rosie in the local hospital after she had a bad reaction to the immunisations at school yesterday; turns out that quite a few of the kids were really poorly afterwards. She woke me up in the night feeling 'hot and odd' so I gave her two paracetamols and sent her back to bed, this morning she couldn't move without fainting and knocked her head on the kitchen floor, after the 3rd faint which was in the shower, I called the GP who saw her immediately and referred her to the paediatrician on call at the hospital. She's had all sorts of tests and is otherwise healthy, has her colour back now but has to take it easy for the next few days... try telling that to a 14YO who thinks that relaxing is going fro a 3 mile run in the evening! :roll:

It was the diphtheria/tetanus/polio booster (last one)

She's been speaking to school friends since we got back home and it sounds as if a few of them have been off - roughly a quarter of the year! The school nurse has been ringing around to get a list of numbers and symptoms to report it.

To top it all, as I was wheeling her out to the car in a wheelchair, I had a call from the child protection agency; the school nurse had reported Rosie as being 'in hospital' (I guess they have to do this) and the CPA had called the hospital and there wasn't any record of her being there as she was taken in as an emergency out-patient and not booked in :roll: While I appreciate that they have a job to do, the lady who called me was rather rude and really didn't believe what I was telling her - I had to give her the phone numbers of the GP and the hospital so that they could confirm that she had been treated! :roll:

teenage booster - strange such a bad reaction - we give a few at work to those teens who've missed. Every so often you get reports of bad reactions. sounds a bit suspect if several kids have been affected. I remember the HV phoned me 3 times after YS was taken to casualty 3 x when he was a baby. Hope Rosies ok soon.

That must have been worrying for you both :shock:

DS had his last year and was fine, sounds like an odd batch, at least they seem to be taking it seriously. I can't believe the child protection people though, although I suppose they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Oh, I was assuming it was the cervical cancer jab. Poor old Rosie, that's not nice and it will put her right off any other vaccinations. I would definitely make sure they follow up the batch numbers if a few of them were poorly afterwards.

She had the cervical one a year or two back with no effect, and was fine straight after this one, to the extent that she went to track team training after school and ran 1600 metres! It started at 4am this morning and got progressively worse, I have to say that the GP and hospital have been fantastic and I understand that the school is looking into the problem. Whilst I am glad that the CPA are doing their job, the person I spoke to had an unfortunate and accusatory manner about her... "where is your daughter now?".... "I am wheeling her across the hospital car park in a wheelchair as she's too weak to walk" ....."well I've spoken to the hospital and they say that she hasn't been there".... and so on.

It was the diphtheria/tetanus/polio booster (last one)

Although my ED had a different reaction to this jab, her consultant said 'they' are doing lots of research into this particular booster vacc. I have a feeling in a few years they may offer three jabs instead of a mixed one. My ED was totally fine after the cervical cancer jabs.

She's much better this morning thanks, we had an early night and she slept in my bed with me... one of us slept well and it wasn't me :roll: she's still wobbly and tired this morning and has been chatting by text to her friends and several of them have gone down with the same symptoms, they estimate that a good third of the year might have been affected.

She's under orders to take it easy for the next few days, so no running etc and we have an open access pass to the paeds dept at the hospital so we can call them and rush her straight in if I'm at all concerned. She's upstairs having a nap just now; I'm not used to my robust, sporty girl being under the weather :( good job she wasn't with her dad this weekend, he's very squeamish and inclined to panic. :roll:

Thanks chaps, i will pass on your wishes to Rosie. She's a lot better today but it has taken the wind out of her sails and she's pretty tired.

I'm not normally too fazed by things medical but this worried me as the doctors thought that it might be her heart :? I haven't mentioned this to her. Luckily that is fine and she's had 3 ECGs to check.

Always worth an ECG when young person faints as can be a sympton of long QT syndrome or one of these obscure cardiac things in the young. ES fainted at school a few yrs back and a GP at work said get ECG done - thankfully all ok. Hope Rosies ok - funny how they migrate back to moms bed when they are ill isnt it? Mind you saves you having to get up in the night - simply stretch a hand out to see if hot and breathing!!! Spot the anxious mum here. ES is 16 6ft 1 and muscular and doing GCSE's and keeps saying "mum cuddle please" - aahhhhh funny arent they?