welovemarmite Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 i thought lisa was good! Hope she proves a few people wrong by showing that size doesnt matter when dancing, and that if you are big you dont have to rely on gimics like previous entrants. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 Watched the whole lot on iplayer last night - very enjoyable! I thought Darcy was a brilliant judge, she gave some very good and constructive criticism but that 'yeah' was so annoying! I do hope she stops it! Love Bruce but he was struggling wasn't he? I was annoyed that they let him waffle on but then cut short the judges comments as they were short of time! Loved Lisa and Colin's dances, poor Johnny Ball looked as if he struggled and I felt very sorry for Victoria. There were some real laugh out loud moments weren't there (or was that just me?) I felt the new dancer Karen was very restrained when Craig had a pop at her - poor girl, how humiliating! I do like Craig, but he can be a real arrogant so and so (to put it politely) when the mood takes him Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 I loved, loved, loved Lisa - she was fabulous and a huge boost for larger ladies, she showed that you don't have to be skinny to be a good dancer. What a contrast with Jerry Hall, who looks as if she has it all - statuesque figure, legs to die for - and was very lacklustre. Go, Lisa! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 Wasn't Jerry's fault though, Anton never stretches his partners. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 That made me laugh when Craig said Jerry had taken minimalist to a whole new level Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 What a great start to Strictly! I LOVED Lisa, she was so full of energy and had clearly just gone out there to have fun - and it showed I think she will do well throughout the competition. I felt sorry for Victoria, who was obviously thrown by making a mistake near the beginning which put her off the rest of the dance, but I do think she has great potential and could do well. Jerry Hall could have been good - if only Anton had bothered to choreograph a dance and not a sequence of poses. I do think a lot of how well Strictly contestants do comes down to the skill of their professional partner. Natalie springs to mind as a dancer who always seems to bring out the best in her celebrity partners (with Anton at the other end of the scale). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 Lisa Riley was fab, she was a bundle of energy and fun too, she has rhythm and timing and could do well. Loved Louis too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 Totally agree with everything Lavendars_blue said. I found the 'yeah' very irritating, yeah! Really enjoyed both shows and can't wait for next weekend. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 I did notice that Darcey was using the 'yeah' less in the second show that in the first, I think someone must have had a word in her ear. I do hope so because it was beyond irritating. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 Darcey Bussell gave good advice to all of them, but I wish she wouln't say 'Yeah?' after every sentence uttered. Totally agree...soooo annoying Loved Lisa and Sid was very good. Jerry is definitely this year's Nancy Oh and I loved it when Richard Arnold gave his Rose to Craig Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 The annoying thing about Jerry is that she actually seemed to be quite good at some of the steps. I think its Anton's fault, he can't compete with the younger and in my opinion, better dancers so he always makes his partner the 'joke' act to get laughs and pity. He's done it for the last few years (obviously he has had some partners that were hopeless) but Jerry's footwork actually didn't seem that bad to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 .......Jerry is definitely this year's Nancy Oh and I loved it when Richard Arnold gave his Rose to Craig The difference there is that Jerry can laugh at herself Caught up with it last night, some good performances there considering it was the first dance, some obvious 'challenges' too though, and that includes the judges and Bruce. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 Anyone else wonder if Tess is preggers? Definitely a little swell there and she's rather boobylicious too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 The thought did cross my mind, but she was wearing very figure hugging dresses too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 It passed me by, I shall have to go and inspect. I should be good at spotting preggers ladies there are always some in my teams at work Lisa rocks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 16, 2012 Share Posted October 16, 2012 She may have just been pigging out, but Tess is normally pretty waif-like. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chicken bark Posted October 16, 2012 Share Posted October 16, 2012 On the subject of Tess (who I think holds the programme together) does anyone else get annoyed by her constant wriggling. I know it must be dull for her waiting for Bruce to do his bit but wiggling from side to side flaunting her slim figure should not be it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 16, 2012 Share Posted October 16, 2012 Not noticed that but I do wish that someone would sort out her posture; she's a lovely lass but stands like a half empty sack of taters. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 17, 2012 Share Posted October 17, 2012 I think this is down to her days as a model, Jerry Hall is the same, if they see a camera they have to strike a pose, we this doesn't necessarily give them good posture. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MedusA Posted October 19, 2012 Share Posted October 19, 2012 It's Louis for me. All the way. Denise Van Outen and one or two of the others are OK, but there are more than the usual number of choreographically-challenged this year IMHO. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 20, 2012 Share Posted October 20, 2012 Go Lisa!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 20, 2012 Share Posted October 20, 2012 Wow, wasn't she amazing? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 20, 2012 Author Share Posted October 20, 2012 She was! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted October 20, 2012 Share Posted October 20, 2012 Lisa & Louis were my favourites tonight. I say it every week but...... Louis' hips...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted October 21, 2012 Share Posted October 21, 2012 Same here Griffin. Lisa is not only entertaining but she is GOOD - wow, that girl can dance! Louis is so athletic, hardly surprising given that he is a gymnast, but still - WOW Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...