chickencam Posted October 29, 2012 Share Posted October 29, 2012 I think that the right person went, but I did feel for Sid and Ola because they had only trained for 2 hours together because Ola had to fly back to Poland to be with her mother who had a serious heart attack. It seems that the odds were stacked against him this week, but I think his time had probably come. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 29, 2012 Share Posted October 29, 2012 I got the impression that after the initial high if finding out that he was partnered with Ola, Sid wasn't enjoying it much. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Peaches Posted November 2, 2012 Share Posted November 2, 2012 I get the impression that Fern's partner is very grumpy he's got her as a partner and isn't very nice to her. Fern seems very timid and anxious to please him and that doesn't make for good dancing. Swooning over Colin here and impressed by Louis. Judges seem to have taken against Nicky, I think. Still, I love this show - it wouldn't be winter without it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura007 Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 I don't understand what the fuss is all about with Louis. Am I the only one? He dances ok, bit does make mistakes which doesn't get picked up, and he is really rather miserable. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 11, 2012 Author Share Posted November 11, 2012 I didn't miss Bruce. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 Agree, I'm afraid it was a lot easier watching without him. Loved the show as always and the controversy. I also love the fact that Craig now gives praise as well as his mostly constructive critisism. I really do not want any of them to go Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jennifer Jane Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 I didn't miss Bruce either. Claudia is brilliant with the couples and so funny with the phone thing. Though I'm ashamed to admit that I wish she would change her make-up, she could look so much better. Craig does seem harsher with the better dancers, I suppose he expects more than them, but some of the marking seems a bit strange at times. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 Claudia looks to me like she could melt if she got too close to a fire. The show is so much better without Bruce Sage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 So sad to see Fern go Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 Yes, I too was very sad to see Fern go....not a fan of Kimberley Walsh and would gladly have seen her walk, especially after the tacky promotion of her yet to be released album...yuk yuk yuk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 11, 2012 Share Posted November 11, 2012 Felt really sad for Kimberley but glad the right person went...definitely not Ms Britton fans in this house and we miss Brucie too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tweety Posted November 12, 2012 Share Posted November 12, 2012 Much to my surprise, I did miss Brucie even though he does stumble through the whole thing now! I find Claudia very irritating I'm afraid. It was the right decision for Fern to go, but I can't for the life of me understand why Kimberley and the gorgeous Pasha were in the dance-off. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted November 12, 2012 Share Posted November 12, 2012 We didn't miss Brucie at all, the show seemed a lot slicker. Now if they could just get rid of the 'comical' segments I'd be overjoyed. They're so cheesy. Craig was particularly mean with his marking this weel, a 6 for Louis????? I thought he might be the first to get a 10 so far this series so that shocked me. I'd rather Kimberly had gone because I enjoy looking at Artem rather than Pascha Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted November 12, 2012 Share Posted November 12, 2012 Was a strange dance off - Kimberley can't have a big fan base. The right person went of the two - but thought a couple of others should of gone before Fern. I loved Claudia. Was great to see 2 women host a prime time TV show as well. Bless Brucie - but retirement really is calling him! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 12, 2012 Share Posted November 12, 2012 I preferred the format despite not being a Claudia fan. Poor Tess though; a cracking looking gal dressed up in a very unflattering outfit/hair do. Whilst I'm not a fan of Kimberley and her ilk, she is a good dancer and didn't deserve to be in the dance-off. Whilst Richard makes me laugh, I am surprised that he's still in as he's not a strong dancer. Victoria is terrible and only survives because Brendan is such a strong dancer and literally drags her around the floor like a Pickfords team moving a large wardrobe I noticed that one of the judges picked up on this this time around. The poor girl lacks any sort of musicality and is out of her depth. There were some surprising improvements this week; some of the contenders who I expected to be rubbish/leaving this week really upped their performance. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted November 12, 2012 Share Posted November 12, 2012 I was really shocked to see Kimberly in the dance off. She's one of my favourites along with Louis (although I know he's not quite got it 100% yet - he's not really let go yet). For some reason I just can't warm to Denise though she is a good dancer, I don't mind Victoria but do think she's not very good. I did think it was only a matter of time before Fern went, she didn't seem to have enough gusto in some of her dances. Michael's last two ballroom dances were fantastic but he's still not brilliant at latin. I enjoyed the show without Bruce, never thought I'd say that! I really like Claudia, she makes me laugh. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted November 13, 2012 Share Posted November 13, 2012 I was surprised at the weekend that I didn't mind Claudia infact she was quite funny and very good with the contestants. I thought that I would miss Bruce, but I didn't. I was sad to see Fern go too, but it was the right choice, Kimberley is by far the better dancer ( and I rather like Pascha, he seems more genuine than Artem). The surprise of the night for me was Danni, i know that the tango is Vincent's dance but she did very well to keep up with the content and I thought that she really pulled it off. I loved the Midnight Tango slot on the results show, I could watch those two dance all day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted November 13, 2012 Share Posted November 13, 2012 I loved the Midnight Tango slot on the results show, I could watch those two dance all day Me too - Vincent and Flavia are mesmerising when they dance the tango. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted November 13, 2012 Share Posted November 13, 2012 I have been to see the Midnight Tango show, and it really is spectacular. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 13, 2012 Share Posted November 13, 2012 I missed that one They really are brilliant; Flavia looks like she's made of thistledown the way she dances. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 13, 2012 Author Share Posted November 13, 2012 I have been to see the Midnight Tango show, and it really is spectacular. Me too. It is fabulous. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted November 13, 2012 Share Posted November 13, 2012 I went to see a tango show in buenos aires a couple of years ago....it was INCREDIBLE. This is the first year I have watched Strictly and I can't believe what I was missing? Love it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 13, 2012 Share Posted November 13, 2012 I once watched an Argentine Tango pair at The Royal Show at Stoneleigh of all places! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 26, 2012 Author Share Posted November 26, 2012 Right result this week. Not sorry to see her go tbh. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted November 26, 2012 Share Posted November 26, 2012 Yes I agree, it was her time to go. I didn't mind her too much, she's just not that good a dancer. Better than me though! I'm hoping that Flavia will try and get some acting coaching in for Louis, I think he dances well but he does need to 'act' the dance. I'm glad that the judges finally gave some proper critiscism to Lisa as she's been getting away with some bad dancing (don't remind me of Wembley ). Even I've been able to tell that she's not been doing the steps right but has it never gets mentioned. She perfoms the dance and gives it her all but its all very samey. Louis could do with some of her performance attitude. Really enjoying Kimberly and Dani Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...