Hayleybug Posted September 14, 2012 Share Posted September 14, 2012 not long to wait now! i bet i can guess who will end up with lisa reilly and johnny ball.... im off out saturday evening so im going to sky plus it and watch later on, have to avoid the internet so as not to spoil the surprise! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clucker1 Posted September 14, 2012 Share Posted September 14, 2012 go Johnny Ball (my playaway star!!!! GIVE ME A "P"!) and Darcy Bussell as a judge, can't wait. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hayleybug Posted September 14, 2012 Share Posted September 14, 2012 go Johnny Ball (my playaway star!!!! GIVE ME A "P"!) and Darcy Bussell as a judge, can't wait. aww good old playaway! i bet he will get Erin, and i think that anton will get lisa reilly. i can imagine johnny ball would do a very decent and classy ballroom with Erin, but i can see him getting marked down for a samba! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted September 15, 2012 Share Posted September 15, 2012 Off to judge (archery) all day today and tomorrow at Great Glen, Leciester, just hope I am back in time tonight to watch it Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted September 15, 2012 Author Share Posted September 15, 2012 Whoop! James and Ola are still in it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted September 15, 2012 Share Posted September 15, 2012 Off to judge (archery) all day today and tomorrow at Great Glen, Leciester, just hope I am back in time tonight to watch it Chrissie Oh no I did not get home in time, tried to rimg OH to get him to record and he had unplugged the mains from the phone so none of the handsets worked and he wouldn't answer his mobile Is it repeated? Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted September 15, 2012 Share Posted September 15, 2012 You should be able to watch it on iPlayer Chrissie. I loved the show tonight, I think the line up is great - I have actually heard of just about all the celebrities! And I'm really looking forward to Darcy Bussell as a judge. Should be a great Strictly season! (Now to get rid of Brucie ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clucker1 Posted September 15, 2012 Share Posted September 15, 2012 I want Darcy Bussell to do more dancing, I would love to see her at a show or something. Anyone know of her doing any shows? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted September 17, 2012 Share Posted September 17, 2012 What has happened to Erin Boag? I like her but ...... going by the first show, it's time to hang up your maribou luv. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted September 17, 2012 Share Posted September 17, 2012 Not seen it yet but Phil says the line up is a 'veritable list of who's that?' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted September 17, 2012 Share Posted September 17, 2012 he's right and every year Len says it's the best group yet ....... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted September 17, 2012 Share Posted September 17, 2012 I think that the line up is quite interesting, none of them look like they take themselves too seriously, so it should be fun. I personally can't wait for my Saturday night dose of glamour, although ED has realised a downside of going to uni at the end of the month, no more cosy Saturday nights watching Strictly and X Factor with her family, although I suspect she will have far more fun watching them with her new friends. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted September 17, 2012 Share Posted September 17, 2012 Yumeeee - Colin Salmon - hes a dish. Nice to see a 50 something without the slap looking like we all do without our faces on - go Jerry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hayleybug Posted September 18, 2012 Share Posted September 18, 2012 slightly worried that jerry is going to be this year's nancy. really need to see them all do their first proper dance as cant really tell who is going to be good/bad- its very hard to tell when they do a group dance. really wish bruce would retire, hes even worse than last year- all the words join together and his sentences just sound like a long noise. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted September 18, 2012 Share Posted September 18, 2012 Nice to see a 50 something without the slap looking like we all do without our faces on - go Jerry. Do you think she's had some "work" done Alis Girls? ...I thought perhaps she has, although I agree it's good to see her in there.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted September 19, 2012 Share Posted September 19, 2012 Really enjoyed the pairing show although I thought that Colin Salmon deserved a much taller dancer (was he paired with Kristina?) Can't remember now but did think when she was about a foot shorter!! Can't wait until the beginning of October Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RedReader Posted October 5, 2012 Share Posted October 5, 2012 less than 8 hours to go!!!! For the first time in years DH doesnt need to go out on friday or saturday evenings so hes looking forward to being able to comment on the whole series , hopefully he'll soon get bored with that. keep dancing..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 5, 2012 Author Share Posted October 5, 2012 Woo hoo! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 5, 2012 Share Posted October 5, 2012 Not long now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 6, 2012 Author Share Posted October 6, 2012 Well? What did we think? I'll go first. Colin Salmon is looking very good on his feet. Victoria Pendleton resorted to tears. Parts of her dance were very good, and to be fair the choreography was complicated for a first dance. Bits of it she did well. Darcey Bussell gave good advice to all of them, but I wish she wouln't say 'Yeah?' after every sentence uttered. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 6, 2012 Share Posted October 6, 2012 Well Nicky Byrne and partner looked dysfunctional not a good match they don't like eachother. Loved Denis Van Outen's dance, I thought it was magical after seeing the practice shots. Fern's hands were so graceful they could dance by themselves. Colin Salmon did things for me, is he a trained dancer? I reckon Victoria Pendleton will come good and although she doesn't live up to her own expectations at the moment she's not up herself like I'm afraid Colin is. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted October 6, 2012 Share Posted October 6, 2012 Darcey Bussell gave good advice to all of them, but I wish she wouln't say 'Yeah?' after every sentence uttered. She is going to drive me bananas with that! No doubt she'll be a better and more credible judge than Alesha, but I do miss Arlene... She knew what she was talking about and had warmth and personality as well. As for the dancing, Denise was good, but I wasn't surprised about that. Colin looked very confident (bit too cocky for me) and has a lovely shiny head( ) although I thought he looked a bit too tall for his partner. I think Victoria will get better but boy does she put a lot of pressure on herself! I'm looking forward to tonight's show to see the rest! As for Brucie... oh dear. I think he's endearing and applaud him for still giving it a go, but he looked and sounded very doddery last night. You can see everyone around him looking nervous, wondering if he'll manage to deliver his lines. The cheesy gags are becoming unbearable Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 6, 2012 Share Posted October 6, 2012 I never noticed that with Darcy, now I will. Bruce is truly awful but it wouldn't be the same without him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 6, 2012 Share Posted October 6, 2012 Must admit I've always defended Brucie because he's such a great all-rounder, in his heyday he sang, danced and acted - but last night was embarrassing, I was cringing as he stumbled through the autocue. However he does have a great sense of humour about it when his jokes bomb! The Darcy Bussell thing was REALLY irritating me, I hope she watches that back and realises what she's doing! Colin Salmon and I think Victoria Pendleton is just so driven (you can see what made her a gold medal winner) that she may make life too difficult for herself. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tweety Posted October 6, 2012 Share Posted October 6, 2012 I agree about Brucie - it is quite uncomfortable watching him struggle through his lines, but Strictly just wouldn't be the same without him. Darcey was very irritating, and Craig was particularly waspish last night. Colin was very smooth - a bit too smooth for his own good in the long run, I fear. He reminded me of Ray Fearon, an actor who was on Strictly a few years ago and who also came across as having a very high opinion of himself and didn't last long. I hope I'm proved wrong, I think he and Kristina could be a very interesting couple and he is I agree too that Victoria will come good - she's too competitive to give up without a fight. Denise was definitely the best dancer last night - can't wait to see what happens tonight! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...