Parsley

Christmas Swap 2012

Glad you got photobox working! Some lovely gifts!!!!

I think it is REALLY important to post your gifts, it is an official thank you and celebrates the hard and care that has gone into the making, not to bother to put on a photo is rude in my view. I was quick to post my pic and was thrilled to see my efforts posted by the person I made my gift for.

*sticks head above paraphet*

Might it be an idea to add to the swop guidlines/rules that "photos of the gift you received must be put on the forum for all to see" ?

I know that I always put on photos of my presents from the crafty swops, & that on a couple of occasions my swoppee has not posted photos of the gift I made. It would just make the crafty swops all the better :D We all want to see what everyone got....

*ducks down again*

Glad you got photobox working! Some lovely gifts!!!!

I think it is REALLY important to post your gifts, it is an official thank you and celebrates the hard and care that has gone into the making, not to bother to put on a photo is rude in my view.

I agree, it also gives those thinking of taking part an idea as to the sort of gifts being swapped and may give them the confidence to participate.

I'm really sorry, but I am going to have to concede defeat soon with this blasted Photobucket thing I have taken a photo of both of my lovely Christmas presents but when I upload it and then copy the IMG link, it crops the photo so you can't see one of the presents! I have tried resizing the photo but it just doesn't seem to want to work!

Sorry Santa! I will keep trying, but don't hold your breath....! :(

It's lovely!! I wonder if one of the more tech-savvy Mods or similar can produce an upto date user guide for photo bucket please?

I am sure that I resized my picture several times eventually going for tiny version that now seems too small to do it justice; yet when I tried to copy it was always the full size. I thought I was reasonably tech-minded but it is doing my head in somewhat. :evil:

Totally confused as I now just seem to have done by deleting the first one and starting again? Is it a glitch on photobucket or just me??

I glad also that a few of you agree re pics being posted it does help the maker feel that the present and effort was worthwhile.

I am aware that I seem to be very opinionated bearing in mind my significant absence in the last 6 weeks. :oops::oops:

The main point is that gifts have had a reasonable amount of time and trouble spent on them, and are dispatched in time - I'd be reluctant to see anything further added to the rules. It's nice if people can post photos, but I know that I haven't always done so simply because I couldn't find the camera/couldn't remember the Photobucket password or similar. It's enough for me to know that my gift has been received and appreciated.

That's a useful tip about Photobucket, thanks Egluntyne! I struggle with uploading photos.

Photobucket really does not like my computer. It might prefer my netbook, but I don't hold my breath. I've really gone off photobucket. Is FLickr any better & is it easier??

I'm going to give it a try & see how I get on with Flikr I think. I wore my beaded necklace & memory wire bracelet to W.I last week & got commenets. I had to own up that I hadn't made it & that it was a swap gift. They were most impressed by the thought of a swap & for me to get such lovely things. :D

My jewellery gets a lot of outings & comments - thank you!

Emma.x

I can't be bothered with the new version of photobucket. I revert to the old version (there is an option to do that somewhere) and proceed as before.

That's what I've always done but today when I used it, it has converted to the new version and I couldn't find a way to change it back :evil: I did manage to find my way around but resent the time I had to waste :evil:

I can't be bothered with the new version of photobucket. I revert to the old version (there is an option to do that somewhere) and proceed as before.

I did the same as you; there have been endless moans about the new version on various other forums. You can post on here from most photo hostng sites, as well as blogs and facebook.

I have to say though I think it is lovely to see what everyone has made and received, it shouldn't be obligatory to post a photo. A thank and a description should be ok. Not everyone can get to grips with the various photo hosing websites, and really shouldn't be seen as being rude not popping a photo up. I would say I am quite computer savvy it some things still flumoux me :roll::x

There is an option on the new Photobucket to move to using the old version again

You get asked a simple 'why are you not wanting to use the new version?' question on making the switch thats all

I'm still using the old version, I cant get to grips with resizing pics on the new one

I had double delight yesterday.

First I had a lovely present from the Craft Angels to make up for the lateness of my swap. It was a set of home-made cards, and hand-covered post-its and notebook. Very useful and lovely. Thank you whoever you are :D

Then DH managed to get to the depot and collect my actual swap. I had mini Dundee cakes, rhubarb chutney and two hand-knitted decorations (any of which on their own I would be more than pleased to receive) all beautifully wrapped in red chiffon. :dance: I am so lucky. Thank you to my not-so Secret Santa :clap:

I was a bit poorly yesterday so the two packages certainly cheered me up. Definitely worth the wait. It feels a bit like a second Christmas. I have taken pics and will post at the weekend.

Thanks again!!!