Parsley

Christmas Swap 2012

Not today I'm afraid. :(

My Postie is brilliant! He will leave items in the shed and always writes on a card or envelope what he has done with my parcels etc. Once left, he will close the padlock on the shed so things are safe 8) Even the relief postie is great and does the same, which is why I tip them both every year :wink::lol:

Not necessarily I posted felt swap in time but it wasn't delivered due to me inadvrtantly using insufficient postage and the same with a Christmas swap to me the post was slow letting us know. It may be worth checking with your delivery office Christian.

It'll be a nice treat when it turns up I'm sure. :D

Sorry chuckmum6 cross posted

I do appreciate that things go missing, yes, but the point is, there was a deadline for posting...I work outside the UK for most of the week and I managed to post it in time....I don't want this to turn into a 'bashing' thread, it is just disappointing that I didn't receive my secret santa in time.

Investigations ( :lol: ) have begun and the maker has said that the gift was posted very late.....

The suggesed posting date was set for a reason and thats to ensure that everything turns up in good time surely?

It sounds like Christian's gifter posted too late which is just really unfair :(

I agree, adhering to the early posting date would have avoided the worst of the rush and allowed time for investigation at the post office if necessary. I personally would have used a guaranteed service such as Special Delivery if I was late posting. I note one swap participant did this to avoid disappointment. I would be mortified if my my swap partner had not received their gift in time :( Fingers crossed that that you receive something soon :anxious:

The suggesed posting date was set for a reason and thats to ensure that everything turns up in good time surely?

It sounds like Christian's gifter posted too late which is just really unfair :(

I agree, adhering to the early posting date would have avoided the worst of the rush and allowed time for investigation at the post office if necessary. I personally would have used a guaranteed service such as Special Delivery if I was late posting. I note one swap participant did this to avoid disappointment. I would be mortified if my my swap partner had not received their gift in time :( Fingers crossed that that you receive something soon :anxious:

Totally agree. The guidelines are clear. Has Christian's swappee got proof of postage or some other means of tracking the parcel?

I'd have thought it be here today surely??? Blimey we are going to have to send stuff special delivery in future if anything has happened to Christian's parcel. Either that or simply adhere to the rules ( if you get my gist).

I know it's not about making to receive, but this might put poor Christian off in the future, as I know he puts his heart & soul into what he makes for every swap.

Sincerely hoping that your swap parcel arrives today or maybe in time for next Xmas. :roll:

Emma.x

The point of having an early posting date is that it allows for Christmas postal delays, and if the item doesn't arrive in time then there's a chance for the organiser to try and arrange a substitute. There shouldn't be a need for 'special delivery' charges. Things can get lost sometimes, it's true - but not often.

No news, then, Christian?

I'm loving seeing the pics of the swaps - everyone is so talented and puts me to shame.

Christian - my swap hasn't arrived yet, but I was told in advance that it would be delayed due to a very good reason. I view it as having something to look forward to in the lull after Xmas. I can't wait to receive it and will post pics when it arrives.

my swap hasn't arrived yet, but I was told in advance that it would be delayed due to a very good reason.

That's fair enough, things crop up unexpectedly and put a spanner in the works. Your swappee has kept within the swap guidelines by keeping you and the swap organiser informed that there would be a delay. I'm not sure that this is the case with Christian's swap. It looks as if it was posted possibly a week late, with no explanation as to why this should be.

Here are photos of my Kindle Fire cover :D I hope that you can get an idea of the care that was taken with it.

P1020501_zpsb2fff854.jpg

P1020500_zps69e73c8c.jpg

P1020499_zpscd48b563.jpg

Thanks again to my Secret Santa.

Fingers crossed for you Christian. I am sure that your gift will be worth the wait Jennifer Jane and well done her swap partner for keeping her informed :)

Hello!! In Tel Aviv now, but still no parcel as my neighbour is watching out for me and just sent a text to say the Postie has been and nothing for me.

I know that things go missing in the post but it has put me off doing any more swaps tbh. :(

Thanks for the kind words CHP! :D

Oh no Christian, perhaps it will be there waiting for you when you get home.

If it has got lost in the post you have my sympathies, how disappointing. Having never done a swap I am not sure if there is a plan for parcels that are lost in the postal system.

I also feel sorry for the maker of your gift, it seems they posted it late according to other posts but a lot of effort goes into these gifts, they must have spent a lot of time making Christian her special gift and it must be disappointing for the maker that it has not been received.

Fingers crossed Christian it will get to your house before you do, a nice surprise to come back to :D

Chrissie

Cor I love that kindle case! That is some beautiful stitching! I'd want to use that as a clutch bag, it's too nice to put away in bag!

I must must must upload my pics of my beautiful jewellery - so you can see how it sparkles! I had it on today & a lady in the post office in town commented. I felt very special.

Emma. x

I also feel sorry for the maker of your gift, it seems they posted it late according to other posts but a lot of effort goes into these gifts, they must have spent a lot of time making Christian her special gift and it must be disappointing for the maker that it has not been received.

Fingers crossed Christian it will get to your house before you do, a nice surprise to come back to :D

Chrissie

I agree here, it is a shame on both side, true it might have been avoided, but just to say my son's missing Christmas present still hasn't been delivered (his Grandad posted three presents at the same time, two arrived). So things do get lost, I don't expect my son's present will ever arrive now. :(

Hello!! In Tel Aviv now, but still no parcel as my neighbour is watching out for me and just sent a text to say the Postie has been and nothing for me.

I know that things go missing in the post but it has put me off doing any more swaps tbh. :(

:( I hope when you receive your gift you will change your mind about future swaps. I treasure all my swaps from this forum and hope you will treasure yours, when it arrives. Perhaps it is in the same postbag as my tax disc and the books I ordered well before Xmas.

We had a couple of hiccups in the Autumn Feltie swap with one swap being a bit late - the one to me so I wasn't too worried as I'd organised the swap and knew who to contact should I need to and one which the Royal Mail messed up. The person who sent it sent another and then Royal Mail eventually left a card about the original - goodness knows what they'd been doing with it all that time! This happened at a quiet time of year so with Christmas post as well Christian's could well still be with Royal Mail.

Here are photos of my Kindle Fire cover :D I hope that you can get an idea of the care that was taken with it.

P1020501_zpsb2fff854.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous! - so much work!

We've had "things" delivered three weeks after posting them, at normal times, so don't give up.

After nearly 5 yrs, we've only had three or four go missing in action, and that's quite something , really, as we send a lot.

They don't always get it right, but most times they do try...