charly1979

My new girlys :-)

Whoops I have just come back with 4 newbees :-) OH a bit shocked but he is still at work he knew I was getting some more after the loss of Fliss (I mean it would be cruel to have just 3 girls in a cube and a waste of space making it a very expensive buy) Anway I have come home with

Annie and Clarabell Two Pekins

Trixie a speckly hen

Isla a Bluebell

Praying that we have no gender issues and that they are all girls (will probably never be confident at buying chickens again after the Judit/Jude saga) I did ask countless times to confirm I was only buying girls

Ps not the best pics but had 7 chickens to deal with and 3 excited kids (oh and me)

Trixie

E9585516-8401-4FDA-8BAC-690F9F83ACC1-1517-00000274215B58E5.jpg

Isla

26337C18-2BF1-4CE2-9C49-68C8DEC4A25E-1517-0000027431E9BA7B.jpg

Clarabell

9BFE8B51-8494-4397-A070-3F72AC081A3C-1517-0000027426EACC95.jpg

Annie is the white one with Clarabell hiding in my log pile silly girls

5938D7B8-8EC7-4B49-9BEC-B02A60132A9C-1517-000002743F5153C8.jpg

AAB07394-2708-41DD-A5C7-17B7D373DF76-1517-0000027414152694.jpg

D8273C0E-151A-49AB-A1AC-C83890F61AED-1517-000002742E054113.jpg

E232672B-0EDC-4391-A8C8-8EA79490A0FB-1517-0000027419293AF5.jpg

Thanks ! i keep wanting to goto their house and check on them, (wouldnt be too bothered at Annie and Clarabell spending the night indoors with me :-) )

Anyway you met them before OH just showed him the pics pretty sure he could give a flying foock, Lyds my ED looked up and said the pekins are so cute they fit in my hand, I said yes they only count as one chicken if you put them together ...... OH rolled his eyes and muttered something lol hes only jealous as he is now further down the pecking line of affection !!

Oh lovely girls!!! :D Of course I especially like your 2 pekins!!! You have a gold partridge (brown coloured with golden head/neck) and what I think is a columbian!(white with black detail on neck and tail feathers) The gold partridge looks younger than the columbian which is redden up in the face....so maybe an egg for you in jan!!??

A tip I was given is to kept the pekins on growers over the winter, it's the extra protien! Oh and you might want to invest in an anti-broody coop at some point.......Mollly my gold partridge was broody 6 times this spring/summer/autumn and I'd even given in and let her hatch!!! :lol::roll:

Enjoy your cube and new girlies!!! :D More pics ....when you're able :oops:

Beautiful :D clarabell is so cute!

Very jealous of your Speckley, lovely definition, my Speckley is more a grey and black mess (but I loves her anyway :D )

Did you put the pekins in with the big ladies? I desperately want my hybrids not to attack my bantams, but every time they free range together, the big girls, chase and terrorise the poor little uns :(

Thanks everyone

Yes I have at the moment put Annie and Clarabell with the bigger girls, I do worry as Clarabell is soooooooo tiny and my girls themselves arent particulary huge. There were a few s"Ooops, word censored!"s and Clarabell has been victim to a peck. Its seems Prilly's nose is well out of joint over the whole affair, I have never heard make such a racket, with Marilyn joining in too.

I think tomorrow I need to section off a few areas of the garden mainly as Clarabell is so small and already got stuck in a bush, then I willl allow them to FR together im hoping that with the extra space they will all have somewhere to go if I do get any bullying etc then Annie and Clarabell can go in the old G.Pig house which I will move nearer the cube. I am thinking that I may need to put them in the old g pig run as we have a ginger cat who visits hes young and always looks like he would like to 'play' with my girls, unforteantly my cats havent seen him off and Julian moved to mums just as he was getting bold, I think a good peck of him would have been enough (Ginger cat isnt liked by me as his owner orginally stole my eyore cat for over a year (shes in my profile pic))

I shall get some grower pellets but is it easy to feed these with 5 other greedy hens around ??

Lets keep our fingers crossed i can get all 7 to live happily in harmony together

Oh my !!

They have been up since 8 am and my 3 older girls are making such a racket (mind you did seem to be only when im around !!)

The new girls havent ventured out into the main garden and Annie and Clarabel whilst getting the odd peck from Prilly who has taken a dislike to them seem to just get out of her way when she comes so fingers crossed, all I need now is for Prilly Marilyn and Connie to shut up and get over the fact they have new sisters !! Also Prilly doesnt seem to liking the cube that much what a daft girl

Thanks really hope they do mind you it seems they really start if im in the kitchen and a moment ago they were quite then Isla started clucking (ah egg laying one ) which started them all up again.

Had a quick chat with the owner of the house who back on to ours hes not heard anything (mind you now they are aware bet he will) but as he used to keep chickens he doesnt mind lets hope the others dont hear or dont mind