snowberry

Plans between Christmas & New Year?

Meeting up with friends, cooking them St Delia of Smith's Sausage Casserole followed by panettone bread and butter pud with fresh custard.

Playing with the boys Christmas toys.

Going out for walks if the weather permits.

Trying to stop the boys arguing.

Using the festive season as an excuse to indulge in a few very cold Fino sherrys.

Trying NOT to eat too much (or at least pick at turkey and ham rather than that box of Thorntons in the cupboard!) :lol:

I have flu :evil: I didn't plan it nor ask for it :evil::evil: Been on painkillers for the shivers and aches for three days and this is my first day without them so it is on it's way, thank goodness! I'm another Capricorn, but my birthday is after New Year.

Fortunately, I managed to get a fortnight off work so will be at home until 7th January :dance::dance:

We will be going out and about if I am up to it :roll:

OOoo, do tell.

Clare, Em's coming down with her new pupsicle :clap: ...don't know who'll be most surprised, the pup or my boos :lol:

I have flu :evil: I didn't plan it nor ask for it :evil::evil: Been on painkillers for the shivers and aches for three days and this is my first day without them so it is on it's way, thank goodness! I'm another Capricorn, but my birthday is after New Year.

Snap! At least we should be healthy again for our birthdays :pray:

Wow, what a lot of birthdays! Xx

Yayyy give Em and pup a hug for me!

Think you spelt Boos wrong. :wink:

Sorry - sooooo hard to resist you know! Heh heh heh. It sounds good fun.

Hope all the lurgy bods recover quickly so they can enjoy their birthdays.

OH is a Capricorn too. Me, I'm a spring chicken. Ahem. More like belated April fool!

I will Kezzer, just hope this blasted bug is cleared before they get here....temp of 104+ last night somewhat concerned DH...back to 98+ now, thanks to para/ibu in tandem.... :pray: it stays down....am quite frankly fed up with the frozen furnace impression :(

I fell asleep half way through pressie opening yesterday...and only one sip of fizz had passed my lips :angel:

It never ceases to amaze me how that time off between Christmas and New Year, when you're full of plans to get things done at home, seems to end up being a succession of family 'duty' visits. A lovely walk with friends and their dogs is planned fro tomorrow though 8) hopefully that'll cheer up my grumpy teen whose friends are all on enforced groundings, so she's on a sort of detox :lol:

I had a lovely walk planned for my birthday tomorrow....but that won't be happening now :(

I've so far managed to miss all the bugs going around the rest of the family and all 12 of us managed Christmas Day although a couple felt dreadful, were on meds and had pasted on a smile........then my back 'went' on Christmas Day afternoon :(

It had been threatening for a couple of days so I was careful and managed to work through it on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.......today it decided it had had enough. I can't walk without crutches nor even dress myself let alone contemplate a good walk in the hills. Painkillers, frozen peas and a hot wheat bag have been helping but this is one of the times I wished I drank :lol: