snowberry

Plans between Christmas & New Year?

I was wondering what plans, if any, you have arranged for between the Big Day & New Year?

I am due to attend a geocaching 'event' at Imber, the 'lost' village on Salisbury Plain. I think there are about 30-40 of us going up from West Cornwall for the day & then heading straight back. We must be bonkers! :lol:

Relaxing - Jan is going to be crazy workwise

At least one cousin is visiting, planning to go on a long walk with her.

Friends I realised we haven't see all year :shock: are coming over on the 30th

Hoping to get at least one afternoon curled up with a book and a fire and maybe a cat (they prefer sitting on my OH lap :( )...

Got my mum coming to stay for a few days running up to New Year, we've got a few "girly things" planned (well I have, but she'll enjoy them too!!!) and I'm hoping that if I leave my sewing machine out in a strategic place, she might offer to give me a few lessons on it whilst she's here ... :whistle::anxious:

We're off on a fabulous holiday, staying in a very nice hotel that we've been to before, with friends, in Austria. Its a combined indulgence because several important things are happening next year for us so this is a massive present to ourselves 8)

I plan for lots of tobogganing, bit of skiing, bit of walking, bit of snowshoeing, lots of shrieking, food and gorgeous wine, bits of card playing, as much time as I can get in the spa with all its lovely local mountainous treats and a big gala dinner involving long frocks on NYE :D

Happy Birthday for NYD DM :clap:

Chill out day Boxing Day, then back to work for 2 days. Then helping my dad decorate for a day, then sunday night with friends then off to Scotland to see my fil for new year (or mahogany as my friend always calls it :lol:) then weekend after new year we're having an early burns night with friends. Looking at all the stuff to do i feel exhausted! Luckily Christmas Eve pm off and Christmas Day at home just with my oh, sister, her Hubbie and baby, planning on having a relaxing day!