WitchHazel

More money than sense?

Normall, I love Lakeland. They are my first port of call for anything kitcheny, their quality and service is second to none. Sometimes they come up with ideas for products which are, to say the least, for people with a bit mor money than sense but usually these items don't cost an arm and a leg.

I wasbrowsing their "new in" today, and I saw that they have a new prodice called a Folding Proofer (a thing for proving bread dough). We make all our own bread, so I read the description. I could see that, if you don't have an airing cupboard, it could be helpful...especially as it folds flat.

Here's the description:

16904_1?$800$

Makes wholesome bread-baking easier than ever! Bring an end to proofing bread next to radiators with the Folding Proofer, which gives an optimal proofing environment without the need for cumbersome equipment. Just set the digital temperature control depending on the ambient temperature and the bread you’re making, and leave the expert to it – you can even keep an eye on your expanding loaf through the viewing window!

Folds away for easy storage.

Can also be used for yoghurt making - just place your container in the proofer at the recommended temperature - and it works like a dream at melting and tempering chocolate for the silkiest, shiniest finish.

And then I saw the price. How much do you think it is?

Highlight the area to the right of the £sign to see < £149.99 >

Seriously?

We make ALL our own bread too, with the help of a Kenwood :D . I think we'll continue to leave ours in the Kenwood bowl to rise, however long it takes!!!! Its on the worktop above the dishwasher and, if I time it right, it rises beautigully when the dishwasher has just finished and I open the door a tad to let the steam out :lol: Reusing energy :D

Oh my! We too make our own bread. I stick mine in the bowl, on a chair infront of the Rayburn.

I've been thinking of a bread maker - as Lakeland do a compact sized one, but then you always get a hole in the bottom of your loaf. :evil:

Emma.x

I only ever do the dough in the bread maker and then bake in a tin.... Most bread machines have a dough setting.

Best of both world in my mind :D