redsunset

This morehens disease again

Oh I am so glad that you found that wee moulting ISA :shock: Sorry about your roof tiles however :( I hope all has been calm today.

I have these notes on doing an avatar - hope they are useful

1) Ensure photo is correct size i.e. Maximum dimensions; width: 80 pixels, height: 80 pixels, file size: 11.86 KiB.

2) Go to the User Control Panel on Omlet forum

3) Click Profile from the menu on the left hand side of the screen.

4) Click Edit Avatar from the revised menu on the left of the screen.

5) Either upload the Avatar picture directly from your PC, or upload it from photobucket (or similar on-line photo-store)

If you upload from your PC, click the Choose File button.

If you upload from photobucket, insert the URL using the 'Direct link' offering on the photobucket site (i.e. not the IMG Code that you normally use on regular forum posts with pictures).

6) Finally, press the Submit button.

You can check all is OK by going back to the User Control Panel where your newly uploaded Avatar should now be displayed

Look forward to seeing yours :D

No one jealous of our snow?? Am pleased to say it's all gone now. On a down note the Isa did not make it, found her passed away this afternoon so what I thought was just a slight moult making her lethargic was obviously hiding something much more serious. She was two years old and one of my original 6, now down to three of those... :(

Chicken village was relocated up near the house due to a severely waterlogged lawn, but have to admit the village being near the utility room door is handy for the winter.

Working long hours till Christmas so feel guilty but still manage to pop home for lunch briefly to feed afternoon corn!

Did buy some porridge oats tonight while Christmas shopping to give them a treat with sweet corn on the 25th!. Not doing it until then incase the lil madams turn their beaks up at reg mash meantime!

Avatar is my other wee girls. I'm not a man hater, honest, just happens to be an all female house! (Unless any of the Brahmas start to crow in spring!)

Is that the whole stalk in its raw form? If so will give it a bash and see what they make of it. There was much squawking all morning as I slept in (according to my fencer) and didn't get fed mash until lunchtime... :oops:

Another storm due on Saturday with speeds of up to 80mph........lovely!

Nest box lid not fixed so my makeshift board will be weighed down with a heavy stone. Any more slates ripped off will be a major insurance job then!

Well in that case the sprouts are all mine....love them! If I have any leftover cooked ones, then they will get them! Bet my lot go for them as they think Christmas has come early if they get ANYTHIING different! Last week it was couscous with spicy peppers and crumbled shortbread that had gone soft, yum, gone in seconds!

Guess when you have 31 chooks everything is fought over just incase it's nice so no waste here.

Fence is finally done so Katie (or Katag said in the Gaelic tongue) will no longer escape.....ha, will see!

Well it's been one gale after another here recently and no let up until Christmas either! Lights are flickering as I type! Have candles lit. Girls will be fine with door battened down so no drafts to rattle lids etc. New fence should be fine as every single post is embedded in 2ft of concrete but will be tested this winter.

Wee eagles are getting bigger every week and the raven still has her funny turquoise earlobes and skittish as ever but can sure duck and run with her whole meal bread crumbs every morn at some speed. All good pals now........ :D

Disaster zone this morning! One chook house had half the roof ripped off and the repaired nest box lid of another ripped off again, ceramic pots full of earth moved along pavement, large section of willow cracked etc. all chooks totally fine. Had to laugh this morning as Katag and an Amber hen had the good sense to run into my utility room (as storm blew the door open through the night) and Katag had nicely laid her egg in a large box of corn!!

By lunchtime the nice chap who did my fence had repaired the lot and made it all stronger. My nice wee row of Cornish beach huts are far to flimsy for the repeated 80mph+ storms we have had of late....more forecast before Christmas.

Chooks are turning into true little Scots women and were fazed not a jot this am..........booking for brekkie!! :roll: