redsunset

This morehens disease again

Ha, wait till two of them start cock a doodle dooing!! Won't bother me but hopefully the eggs passed over the fence will help......... :whistle:

Goliath has retired to the other side of the garden keeping his two Brahmas right by his side.....can see me in and out like a yo yo today....... :wall:

Little miss Isa has no doubt heard the s"Ooops, word censored!" outside and will be stomping in her cage missing out on the gossip, patience!

Ah glad to her your girlie is picking up! :clap: Well done, I'm sure with your continued TLC she'll continue to make good progress :D

Re boys, I had this dilemma just about 18 months ago after hatching. I was so tempted to keep a lovely lemon pekin boy.......but the noise was a real worry and also limited space and girls!!! So, I was told that 2 boys can live together, but one will have to be dominate and they will need enough space and girls! I guess see how you go, but do keep an eye out as they can fight till the death :(

Is there anyway you could have 2 separate areas, coops etc?? 30 girls is a lot for one chap :oops:

Just debating myself if to get another boy.....Polly is a feather, plucker, eater and down right bully!!! Tried her with the girls yesterday after 10 days in solitary....but I think she will revert, picking on poor Martha :evil: Bit worried haven't had a boy in over a year........noise and neighbours :anxious:

Anyway enjoy your boy....boys :wink:

Well hopefully the garden is big enough for 2 boys to live together? I should have twigged a while ago re the Brahma as one chicken coop always had far to many chooks in it out of the three and yep he was in there by the door..... :wall:

Live and learn, huh?

Will see what the day brings, can see poor Samson wandering about on his own quite dejected for a good few days until he explores the area and finds his feet........and HIS ladies. He is a handsome chap and you'd think my cougars would swoon over a toyboy but obviously he has to show them the goodies first (I MEAN tasty titbits like worms in the garden!)

See!.....knew at least one person would comment on that one lol! I'll never live down those wellies!

Samson has decided the place to be is on top of one of the chook houses tonight and boks aplenty if the cat wanders past!

Noticed my feed suppliers had aubiose so am adding a bag to my delivery next week. Might be better as litter on the chook house floors and also to give miss Isa a change of bedding to see if it helps re possible allergy? Anything is worth a try.

Hope the boys play nice, as back to work tomorrow. :pray:

Are you sure you mean wellies? :wink: I mean Compo had his wellies in full sight and well . . .

That refer's to grammatical error from redsunset on a previous post, she was writing about wellies and her predictive text posted it as ...... :lol: much to the hilarity of all who read the post......we're like children sometimes :roll:

Yep, type wellies if you have an iPad and see what it changes to!! :lol: Mine does not do it now so must have finally accepted the word......I just try and quickly proof read before I press submit (don't trust this contraption!)

Samson has settled in just fine, will have a talk with him about wellies later as he's barely a teenager yet! No more fights with the Brahma boy so they obviously got that one sorted for now?

Was down in utility giving miss Isa some more mash and Tylan. Checked outside where the chook houses are by that door to see if Samson was sleeping on top of a chook house again as it's raining a little. Had a little laugh to myself to see him tucked up roosting inside one.......beside the Brahma boy, ho hum! Oh well, whatever ! :lol:

Miss Isa is proving to be a resourceful little madam at figuring out when the dreaded Tylan is about. Manages to tip out the water, oops, scatters her mash if I hide it in that so tomorrow new bottle being bought and going to get couple of those bowls u clip onto cages! She is not ill in any sense but until that sinus goes down completely she ain't getting out the door so it will be a battle of wills! :lol: Do feel bad that she's missing out on the fun of a new boy in the hood but all in good time!

Boys are still playing nice but they think nothing of stealing seeded bread from the girls and taking off with it. That is not scoring any points with the ladies! Saw a funny clip online of a cockerel doing a dance around one of his ladies so can't wait to see that (if it's the norm?) might put a wee note in my neighbours egg box on Sunday before I hang the bag of eggs on the fence to apologise in advance of possible crowing soon........ :whistle:

Went to vet on Friday for more Tylan but wouldn't give it to me. He probably felt to soon after the last one so Miss Isa has an appt tomorrow evening. I get his point that they can't just hand that stuff out. Will see what he suggests but PTS is not an option in my book as she is so well in herself.

Hope she fits into the cat carrier and not to many dogs in the waiting room!

Will post tomorrow as per outcome..... :pray:

Vet visit went well. It was a new chap and by jings he was thorough. Had her weighed, used a slide of glass to check nostrils (breathing), spent ages checking her eye, inside the mouth, the lot! And all for a little Isa. Was pretty impressed. Came away with Baytril and some other stuff for her eye in a tube for twice a day app. £22 was all it was.

Won't start the baytril until tomorrow so she can settle after the vets. She was good as gold on the table but wriggled non stop on eye exam. Getting baytril in is gonna be fun!

Boys are still fine together. Girls still have the upper hand but once maturity kicks in soon may be different. Samson is a thug at meal times and would think nothing of stealing a bit of seeded bread off, of one of the girls. No manners!

Ah that sounds positive :) Did he say why he'd given the baytril?

So, I can't believe my luck..........I now have 2 boys :shock: :shock:I have a late developer :( So Verity is actually a Victor. Really upset me as I felt sure he was she!!!!! So on the re-home bandwagon, rung everyone I can think and will have to make fliers. Shame he's lovely, but I really can't keep 2 or I'd have kept a Monty boy :( (year before last when I hatched and got 4 boys!!!!!!!!!!!Then, sadly lost Monty to Marek's a few months after re-homing them all :( )

Never a dull moment hey??? Glad to hear all is going well with your boys. Let's hope they mature to be more gentlemanly!!!! My Monty was a true gent with his ladies.....Max has big shoes to fill :wink:

No he didn't! But assume suspect Myco being the case. Explained that a lot of the Tylan may have been wasted on account of her sussing out when it was around and trying to avoid it, throwing it about.

So you now have two boys as well? Have you not enough chooks to keep them both um, entertained? My lemon Pyle Brahma took 5 months before I spotted some tiny saddle feathers plus he got redder in the face. They take two years to fully mature so must be very hard for breeders. I may have problems down the line unless one of them allows the other to be dominant, who knows. Plus they have to be nice to me or they will be wrapped in a towel under arm and taken away from the girls until they get who the boss is. Can't have the postie not delivering letters if two bossy cocks, lol!

P.s. What breed is verity/victor?

Am watching your posts on Isa with great interest as we are still trying to get rid of our myco,

Did he mention anything about egg withdrawal for the baytrill?

If it works for Isa i may ask the vet for some for our flock and just ignore the new egg advice.

Good luck with her

Yes, 2 lovely millefleur pekin bantam boys :roll: Max is very similar to my dear Monty :wink: Verity....re-named Victor is also beautiful :D Really was was fooled in to believing he was a she....really looks girlie, no hackle feathers....but quite a big red comb, though Max is much more developed and obviously a boy! I hatched the year before last and got 4 boys :shock: They were all crowing by 8-9 weeks and I had them all re-homed by 13 as they were fighting!!These brothers are 5 months old and he only doodled mon for the first time. So now they play tag doodle :doh: (I can tell as they sound slightly different)

I really don't have enough room/pens or girls to go round....plus my neighbours are very kind letting me keep 1....let alone 2! It's just my luck at the moment, I only got another boy to stop the terrible bullying issues in the girls since Florence top girl was PTS in early jan :cry::roll:

So....my mission impossible today is to get him a new home!!! Wish me luck :pray: