redsunset

This morehens disease again

They are tougher than I am for sure! All fine and they were in and out today in between hail showers and being blown sideways. I don't think the wind was quite as bad as predicted despite the power outages and broadband going down. I'd say 65 mph. Awful thunder/lightening and one very scared wee dog, the other cared not a jot.

Delighted to report not one doodle in the trees tonight, all in a coop :) Finally!!

I 'thought' all the doodles were in the coops as saw their mum there. Something made me go down half an hour ago in wellies with torch. Checked all three coops.......not one doodle! They were back in the tree so nothing for it as saw they weren't high up, two at a time were prised of the branches and taken down to the new shed. Couldn't find the littlest one and had a panic but she was in the wee broody coop just below on her own. Pop hole door secured with a bit of wood and I am going to keep them in there for the nxt week or more as felt a couple of the littlies were a tad on the skinny side. They have deep scented straw to muck around in and plenty of room and it will allow me to fatten them up (and hopefully let them know where home is)!!!

To say that was bracing in the wind and hail is an understatement but the wee doodles had surprising body heat coming off them?

Anyway quite pleased with that and yes it took a weather bomb to get them down lower to catch them :):):):dance:

Lights flickering again........ :pray:

Chortle chook, the new shed is way better than the beach huts.........but only the doodles in it just now enjoying the place to themselves! Think I may have to make the pop hole bigger as the Brahma is the size of a small donkey! Once he gets in the girls will surely follow?? Ha! Never that easy with my lot.

Plum, I like keeping this lot together to look up what I was doing and when. As for publishing, doubt it would be that interesting.......think confessions of a hairdresser would be more interesting as what we know about our clients :shock: .....but we sign the equivalent of the state secrets act on that one :wink:

I'm off to the hairdresser forum for a bit :lol:

It's amazing what people tell you isn't it, I must have one of those faces because when I'm at reception I get told all sorts.....maybe it's that " easier to tell a stranger " scenario....

I bet your little doodles are loving the new warm set up and I'm looking forward to seeing a photo when you get time

I'm sure the snow's not quite so great for you but what a beautiful picture. Lovely new barn too - lucky doodles.

Chickabee I expect the girls were all in their new home watching Saturday Kitchen!

:lol: I forgot about the large flat screen Telly. Bet they had a nice cup of tea with their warm porridge too

Thank you for the compliments on my 'shed'! No Saturday kitchen on telli for the girls incase chicken recipes were on! They had to be content with a lie in and hot mash! :lol:

Snow fast disappearing, shame as it coved the mud up nicely which made it nicer for the chooks too. Mr Brahma hardly came out today, not impressed with the white stuff, big blouse that he is :roll:

Now, what colour to paint it next year.....sage green or dark red with cream trim American style?

Just pulled up an online calendar to see how old the doodles were, I thought 18 wks, but they are 20 wks old today or maybe yesterday! While the two very obvious boys are now biggish, at least four of the littlies are about Pekin sized so wonder if they will get any bigger now?

No matter, as they are so cute! Will try and get pics of them this weekend in the shed. Bought a cos lettuce tonight to put in the shed to stave of the boredom. They will be allowed out after Boxing Day as I have taken a week off and will see if they return to the shed then or will it be back to the trees! :wall:

Hope so Mullethunter but never count my chickens and all that! Mr Brahma is now on bed/straw rest. Noticed him hobbling yesterday so put him in the shed with his 'kids' the doodles as nice deep straw. Think his bumble foot may have made a recurrence but can't examine him properly until the weekend (working ten hour days) and he is quite happy getting his grub in the shed on a nice soft deep bed for now. Of course Samson is in his element lording it over 30 odd chickens with the boss out of sight ......for now :lol: