Chortle Chook

Forum rankings - anyone in the 10000+ club?

From reading the thread on titles and looking at the wikki on forum rankings I just wondered :think: - is there anyone still out there who has a ranking of

SUPER CHICKEN - 10000-12499

Chronic Clucker - 12500 - 14999

Cocka-doodle-loopy - 15000 - 19999 (I quite like the idea of being one of these :wink: )

Eggsistentialist - 20000

And if so has the forum changed hugely since you joined?

P.S. The rankings can all be seen here - clicky

Edited by Guest

Hello all! I was a Mod for a while, and boy does it wrack up the posts! There are still lots of people around from when I joined in 2005, which is lovely! I have made some true friends through this forum, real friends, not just "cyber" ones. One is now known as my "Sis", and I regularly see three others.

I suppose it has changed inasmuch that there are so many more Omleteers now! I feel like a stranger when I pop on these days!

I remember one very keen (and lovely), young new user, a few years ago, who decided he was going to do his best to become champion poster and he used to reply to everything with just a smiley or one word...

I also remember a discussion in the mods about whether the posts from years gone by should be deleted, in order to save space on the server, and we decided that it would possibly cause upset when people saw their post tally culled in that way!

I have to admit, it is lovely to pop on, once in a blue moon, like I now do, and still see my post count! Makes me feel like I still belong!

Happy posting everyone!

I remember one very keen (and lovely), young new user, a few years ago, who decided he was going to do his best to become champion poster and he used to reply to everything with just a smiley or one word... !

Yes, I remember it well....I'd do the late night tidy up and suddenly all of the threads had new posts to be checked ......... :evil::lol:

I haven't looked at my tally recently, still far too high! The old threads are culled from time to time so the total changes.

In the very early days of the forum when there were just a handful of us we struggled to think of topics to post :shock:

I'm fascinated to know how the mods become mods - do you get asked or do you volunteer yourself to do it? I think anyone who decides to become a mod deserves a gold medal as it must be such a thankless task (apart from getting a lovely high post count of course :lol: ).

You read my mind - I was just going to start a post on that . . . :D

I remember one very keen (and lovely), young new user, a few years ago, who decided he was going to do his best to become champion poster and he used to reply to everything with just a smiley or one word...

I remember logging on one day to find the last post in every section was the same person. It made me laugh out loud, until a mod explained that all the posts had to be checked!

Topics and posts are no longer deleted as Omlet moved over to a 'mega' server a while ago, so much more space.

Now THERE'S a challenge!

Lesley, I remember the topics, apart from chickens (of course), mainly centred around pants, chocolate, pants, cake, crocs, Simon's pants and erm.... Pants!

i had a look at page 591 - was amazed so many of you are still around. wow.

I know I'm being really dopy but I can't see where I am supposed to click to get to the early posts :doh:

I went to the home page for the forum and all I could see was:

Total posts 1,039,911 • Total topics 71,042 • Total members 13,157

which in itself is quite staggering :shock: