Janepie33

Broadlands - AKA Broadchurch

Yes loving it too.

However I have to say I'm less interested in who did it than in the normal thriller. Usually a thriller is quick moving bam bam bam who did it? This is much more about the people and the emotions surrounding the events. Blinding..its like a roller coaster that you feel it too. When she went shopping last night, the fact that she wanted to go and the people were looking. I really felt it.

Or is it just me? :oops:

Argh! I've Downloaded the itv player on my ipad specially to watch this because it sounds so good, but all I can find is the most recent episode and I want to watch it from the first episode...am I too late? Can't figure out the player at all, I was obviously being dim last night. :(

Argh! I've Downloaded the itv player on my ipad specially to watch this because it sounds so good, but all I can find is the most recent episode and I want to watch it from the first episode...am I too late? Can't figure out the player at all, I was obviously being dim last night. :(

No you're not too late, there's still 3 weeks left to watch the first episode! :)

You do normally have to make an itv account to watch programmes older than 7 days though, but it's free.

Well, it just gets better and better. Seems that everyone has something to hide and anyone could have done it!! :shock: (Apart from the toddler in the buggy perhaps! :wink: ).

No wonder they didn't even tell the cast the outcome until the very last minute and only on a need to know basis.

I have just watched last nights episode. It is really good. I love Miller, and have last stopped comparing her to her Hot Fuzz PC role :D I have suspicions about the plumber work colleague of Dannys dad, Pauline Quirks character, the vicar. I don't think the dad did it, but then again, I could be wrong. I cant wait to find out who dun it, but also don't really want it to end.

My money is also on the bald plumber colleague at the moment but I expect it will be someone who we have no suspicions of at all yet (still no explanation about the argument with the postman for instance)

What texts and online conversations were deleted by policewoman's son- probably just boy stuff but could be something else.

The Pauline Quirk character is much too suspicious to be guilty :lol: I daresay she confiscated the skateboard because he was making too much noise early in the morning or something.

The only criticism I have with the series is that the parents (particularly the mum) are not grief stricken enough - compare it to The Killing where the mother was destroyed with grief. I am sure that most mothers would not be able to function at all within days of their son being murdered and would probably still be under sedation. She seems pretty much OK

I do find it quite disconcerting that Dr Who and a Dr Who assistant (albeit never appearing with each other) are in the same programme. Keep expecting the daleks to turn up!

EEk daleks :shock: now I am confused - who is the assistant ? I find the whole lot are riddled with guilt. And you are right nither parent seem grief stricken enough.

Lightfelds - i love esp now I have worked out who is who and when what etc. The girl in the 40's frock who materialises in the corner of rooms freaks me out, esp as my son has a habit of coming into the room unheard and speaking to me when I am engrosed. :anxious: he thinks its funny :shameonu:

EEk daleks :shock: now I am confused - who is the assistant ? I find the whole lot are riddled with guilt. And you are right nither parent seem grief stricken enough.

Lightfelds - i love esp now I have worked out who is who and when what etc. The girl in the 40's frock who materialises in the corner of rooms freaks me out, esp as my son has a habit of coming into the room unheard and speaking to me when I am engrosed. :anxious: he thinks its funny :shameonu:

The vicar is the Dr Who companion Rory - husband of Amy Pond who travelled with Matt Smith before getting zapped back into the past !

Maybe she is so focused on finding out who did it that she is trying to be strong. Plus she is preggars so probably has the distraction of what to do about that. She did have a bit of a breakdown when she went shopping last episode or the one before, so maybe she will finally let her feelings take over. I don't know if you are watching it on the night or via watch again. The first one I watched on the night and found the adverts really lost the momentum for me, but since watching it on the watch again I feel more engrossed in it.

Thanks I was looking for a female companion. I usually watch on the night, but the ads are annoying - more ads than programme - suspect we are being short changed. Now having sorted who has been in what programme with whom (any other famillies do this ?) can settle down to some hard viewing :lol: