Janepie33

Broadlands - AKA Broadchurch

The phone was found in Danny's paper delivery bag wasn't it? I hope its not Millers hubby :(
yes I have to say he's on my list. Far too perfect.

Please don't let it be the newsagent, older bloke. Too easy and boring.

Mind you to each suspect me and hubby say no that would be much too obvious!

I'm loving it. Miller's little boy does seem to know something - but what :?::?:

I was interested in the comparison to the Killing as this seems to be the UK version - lots of people interest rather than just the normal 'who done it?' / 'cops 'n robbers' type of thing. Also loads of red herrings just like the Killing. No sooner than you think it must be X than another possibility pops up. However the Killing took it that much further and, I think, was better. I'm not quite on the edge of my seat the way I was with the Killing

(Also loving Lightfields :D )

Well? What a sad end for the newsagent. Why is Pauline Quirke' scharacter so keen in enticing Tom Miller to her caravan with the excuse of walking the dog? I just looked at the odds on Ladbrokes and DCI Alec Hardy is at 4-1! :shock: do you think he has arranged the killing of this boy to prove he can solve a murder after failing in the last town?? I think I may have to re-watch the first episode as whils browsing other forums on this people are saying that the music in each episode is leaving a clue. And why is DCI Hardy collapsing? Millers husband is still a bit strange and hasnt really had much of a storyline, so I am standing by him as the killer. but I do hate it when the murderer is someone from out of nowhere, Do you think the stolen burning boat was bringing in drugs? and there is a drug ring????? cant wait really enjoying it :dance::clap::dance:

Loving it but a point that has been bugging me is would the police really allow someone like Miller to investigate the murder as her family is so closely linked to the the victim? Can't really see a policeman investigating the murder of his/her son's best friend.

Good point about Alex Hardy - he did arrive at a convenient time just before the event - his demeanour leads me not to suspect him though. I think the Australian hotel lady is pretty suspicious - she is involved with drugs and the murdered boy had a lot of money hidden away. Also was sleeping with his father. She is my new chief suspect

Last night I thought it might be Tom the son - but I think thats a red herring. Hes not strong enough to carry a body to the beach. The music clue is like Morse (that was in code apparently). The only reason I thought it was Tom is that hes shady - deletes computer and mobile stuff and is asking about the sentence for murder. hes up to summat me thinks :shameonu:

Maybe he is trying to protect someone who he thinks has done it. The whole place is very village like and everyone knows everyone so they are like an extended family. I am thinking it is the plumber, can't remember his name, not the dad - the other one with the crossbow. I think Pauline Quirks character has the skateboard as she was fed up with him riding it outside her caravan. She seems the sort to get annoyed by that.

I change my mind every 5 minutes about whodunit. If there are clues, they are very well hidden, or maybe I'm just too dim to spot them. There is something unexplained about the young reporter, whose name escapes me, being in a lot of trouble, and so far he has been under the radar as far as being a suspect is concerned, so perhaps it's him.

My OH says that it is always the most famous star who turns out to be the baddy, but I just can't see how or why it would be David Tennant.

I am really enjoying it though, and just hope that there is a suitably good - and believable - ending to it.

I too feel very sad about the newsagent :( I got really up tight about those stupid vigilante men. But one thing - why does TV these days represent all men in such a poor light? It seems they are either stupid, sexual deviants, or violent or all three. There is hardly a nice man out there (except perhaps Foyle and he is scarcely modern). If I don't watch out I'm going to become quite man-phoebic :anxious:

As for who done it - my money is on a ring including Pauline Quirk, the husband's plumber colleague and Tom.

What about the sister and her boyfriend? Wasn't he something to do with the drugs and the money found under the bed? :?::think:

I agree with the other posts. So sad about the newsagent. You could just see that coming. Hope the ex wife pops up to put the record straight.

I know! He is mad.

I think David's Tennants character has stomach cancer which is why this is his last case (I hope I have got that bit right :anxious: ) Not sure if his daughter, who he phoned, is even alive.

I am still wary of DCI Millers husband. I don't think her son is connected, I just think he sent some nasty emails to Danny and wants them gone. The plumbers mate is also very suspicious. I don't think Susan has anything to do with it. I think she found the skateboard when cleaning the hut and kept it. Not sure what the reporters found out about her, but guessing her husband was found guilty of doing something horrid to their kids. She didn't appear to be up to anything when she invited Millers son (I wish I could remember character names - so frustrating!) back as she misses her son?

I don't think Pauline Quirk is involved really.

What has David Tennant's previous case got to do with this one? Anything, nothing?

OK to throw in a curved ball - could it be Miller's son?????? He could easily handle the boat. As he said he hated the victim so why was he so upset? Cant remember how he died - was he strangled? Another child could do that

yes me and ES think its the son Tom. Hes a hefty child could easily floor a smaller child. How many plumbers carry crossbows - is there much call for them in plumbing :shock: I was lisitening for musical changes all evening like in Morse. I think Pauline is just a grumpy old woman.

Very exciting and revealing episode tonight :)

Another sad back story with Pauline Quirke, but somehow I think there's more to it, maybe she did know what her husband was doing. Not sure, but there's definitely something else dodgy going on there, after her threatening the local news lady and telling the plumber she could disappear easily, and had done so before.

I still think it's Miller's husband. My theory is that whatever Tom and Danny fell out over (which might still be something serious, drugs maybe? Still don't know why he was arguing with the postman), the Dad knew about. Whatever it was over climaxed with him strangling Danny. I'm not sure, but he's too nice and I don't think Tom did it. I think he either knows or suspects his Dad though, hence deleting the texts and smashing his laptop, plus the questions about what happens to murders. The dad was also in on Tom's interview with the police, so maybe could have influenced his answers to some of the questions.

I'm excited for next week but don't want it to end :dance:

And I hope Hardy is ok :( have a feeling he might not make it to the end of the show...