Janepie33

Broadlands - AKA Broadchurch

OK to throw in a curved ball - could it be Miller's son?????? He could easily handle the boat. As he said he hated the victim so why was he so upset? Cant remember how he died - was he strangled? Another child could do that

They said in the first episode that Danny was strangled by someone with big hands, Does Tom have big hands? :anxious:

Can't wait to find out who it is!

I'm convinced it is Ellie's husband too. Mainly because he hasn't been called in for questioning yet :lol:

Yes from a distance he could be mistaken for the plumber (tall and bald :lol: )

However, if it was the killer at the hut it would mean he had left the baby unattended - mind you if you are a murderer I suppose child abandonment is the least of your worries.

Not many suspects left. It would explain why Tom smashed up the computer though (unless he thinks that in some way he was responsible for the murder but isn't really)

News reporter guy is a bit dodgy

Well I'm completely stumped as to who did it . . . but feel sure that it is not just one person.

I still love Pauline Quirk but David Tennant seemed to take a trip back from Broadchurch to Dr Who. I mean who in their right mind goes rushing back in super human state to work from a hospital when they are at death's door? Does he really have so little faith in the others on the case :roll:

(So glad the dog was OK)

Ooooo, I just remembered that Miller said to Susan " How could you not know what your husband was doing ?"

Wouldn't that be ironic ? ? ? ?

Is that a clue ?

Of course!! I'm sure it is. :clap: Maybe hubby is a drug dealer and Danny found out and threatened to expose him. Would explain why Tom hated him.

My OH and are currently having a disagreement about one of the previous episodes. My OH is convinced that Susan spoke with Nigel the plumber in one of the alleys behind the houses and referred to her as "mum". Now I don't remember that at all and thought it was only brought to light in the last episode. I have deleted all the episodes up to date so can't even go back through them to prove him wrong :lol:

I also think the murderer could be Tom's dad.

Don't remember that but finding it all very hard to follow at the present. Oh well we'll soon know and I suspect we won't be happy with the ending. I wonder if the cast know as often they film several endings and pick one at last minute. Not sure if it is based on a book - if so then they have to follow it. Stampede as we all rush to get book and turn to last page

Hmm maybe we are being pointed too far in the direction of Miller's husband.

What about the psychic? Maybe he was the murderer from the previous case and he stole the pendant which is why he knew about it to tell Hardy (unless we believe that psychics are for real????) The only other "visions" he seems to have had concern water and boats which again he would know if he was the killer.

Why is he there anyway?

I think maybe Miller's husband may be up to something different and Tom suspects him and is covering up something else.

Isn't Olivia Colman (Miller) an absolutely brilliant actress. She steals every scene she is in

Something else just occurred to me - Susan had another daughter taken into care, probably quite young. Could one of the women at Broadchurch be that child who has inherited the murder gene. Aged about 30 I would guess - we have Danny's Mum (if she was adopted which would be a little coincidental) or the out of town reporter.

Maybe it's Miller herself, done to protect her own son.

I really should get out more :lol:

I couldn't decide if said you'd been here before as in the place or as in the case :think:

Some interesting theory's put up here that I hadn't even considered. I am now thinking it wasn't murder as such, but more accidental death on the farm after they all went hunting. It is going to be interesting to see what was found in the emails on Toms pc. I am looking forward to seeing how it ends, but would quite like it to continue.

I'd like to have more light shed on the alleged argument with the postman. Was this significant, or was it a red herring?

Me too! not last episode but the week before they showed it as a clip at the beginning of the show ..previously on Broadchurch? and I did think then why are they showing that bit? I thought it was going to be Millers husband, but we dont seem to have seen a lot about him and really hope it isnt him!

If we do get to the bottom of who did it, do you think the police will catch them? I do hope Alec Hardy makes it to the end, but I have a feeling he may discover whats been going on and then die :shock:

Don't remember that but finding it all very hard to follow at the present. Oh well we'll soon know and I suspect we won't be happy with the ending. I wonder if the cast know as often they film several endings and pick one at last minute. Not sure if it is based on a book - if so then they have to follow it. Stampede as we all rush to get book and turn to last page
- ~apparently even the cast werent told who dunnit until the last bit of filming, and David Tennant had an argument with the Director when he refused to tell him!

only 3 nights to go till conclusion!!!!!

In the paper today, it says that there are 3 big clues that remain unexplained:

1. Why did Susan Wright have Danny's skateboard?

2. What do Danny's emails to Tom say?

3. Why, when Danny stood on the cliff top on the night he died, was there a scratch on his face and blood dripping off his fingers?

I have no idea at all, but am really looking forward to finding out. I hope that there will be "closure" and a really good solution.