TAJ

'Done the chickens'

When I tell OH I have 'done the chickens' I mean food, water and collected eggs - last week he did the chickens 3 days in a row - so I was a bit surprised (being both eggskelters were full) to find out by 'done the chickens' he meant food & water only, hence me collecting 45 eggs in one day Saturday! :shock::shock:

Tracy

That's men for you :lol:

If you want a job doing do it your self :D

I asked mine to do the chickens the other day and he did, but later I noticed they were all pecking the mud in a little bird bath they have. I thought it was odd that they were all doing it - then I realised they had no water - and he said " you didn't ask me to do the water " :doh:

Ive pretty much become the 'secondary care giver' of the chickens. I let them out and tend to them on mornings that OH is at work. I make sure they get their verm-x and check them for ailments etc but OH does the rest.

I could choose to find this annoying but hey, if someone else wants to clean out the coop and run that's ok with me. I'm not stupid.

Gosh - 45 eggs in one go :shock:

My standards of 'done the chickens' used to be different to my family - though they have all become better after really getting involved in the last few months and with experience of looking after hens. Though I am a bit OTT as I have OCD so scrub every small mark off the Grubs/Glugs for example (I never expect anyone to be over the top like me though) :lol:

x

My husbands only chicken duty is opening up the run to let them free range. Fair enough, I guess. I was the one who wanted them! He locked me out yesterday while I was collecting their eggs and changing their water. After I shook the doork"Ooops, word censored!" for a while, he finally realized I had been out with the chickens. :roll:

I once asked OH to let the girl's out of their coop as I had to go to work when it was still dark and he was going an hour later. I came home at 3 in the afternoon to find coop still closed he had forgot :evil: lucky they were ok but OH got a phone call to tell him to take his time coming home . I have never asked him to let them out again !!!