Hi

A newcomer to this site and to chicken keeping.

Had looked forward for years to getting an Eglu for when I finally got chickens.

Now have two 10 days old brooding nicely. Wish I could say the same for the Eglu Go.

Everything arrived promptly. Unfortunately the run extension was badly rusted. Omlet very quickly rearranged a new part to be sent.

Yesterday I had a go at assembling the Go. I had not realised how much assembly was required.

I was already unhappy as part of the front door panel was warped , although Omlet said this was OK. I must say that the plastic quality is not brilliant. I know injection moulding is not easy, but even so. Went ahead with the construction. I used "4 small screws" (well the screws that I had that looked small) as specified for the bar across the back - didn't fit properly. Carried on - some things come together all at the end after all. When I came to the top I was 4 screws short. Those 4 small screws? Couldn't get the run fitted properly at all, and that has some minor rusting on the corners.

I now have to get the small screws, take the wretched thing to bits and try to reassemble. At the moment it is on one piece but with gaps. No way is it robust or waterproof as it is. Is it just me? Regret getting it now, but the cost of sending it back would be astronomical. It was not exactly cheap in the first place.

Am sure things will get sorted, but it does not help that Omlet is only open Mon - Fri.

PS The chicks are cute. My fear that the cat would try to eat them have been unfounded. She is terrified of these two bundles of fluff.

I've read a few things on here that suggest the Go is not nearly as good as the classic. We have a cube and love it - but of a job to put together but it all came together ok (with wine) and it is now nearly a year old. I would phone Omlet tomorrow and explain your frustrations and see if they can sort out and perhaps consider asking them to change to Classic if you could find the extra money? Did you buy it from them? Good luck!

Many thanks.

Have decided I will ask Omlet to take it back - as it is not upto scratch. I bought it after someone at Omlet assured me that it was as good quality as the classic. I also thought the back door might be useful.

Fortunately the chicks will not need a coop for a while so I have the time. Whatever I get, it will not be flatpack - will think of the classic if it comes in one piece.

Hello felineveg!

I have an Eglu Go and have not had any issues with it being put together and being taken apart which I have done a few times now - the only problem I have had is the run itself taking ages to put together with the fiddly clips but that's more down to me then the run itself.

It sounds to me that your Go maybe has a fault that is causing so many problems? Everything that is supplied and with instructions should allow everything to come together well enough for you to put the coop together at home. Can you send photos of your problem to Omlet? I have read they will try and help if you are struggling so much!

Good luck with your new chicks and sorting out the coop :D

x

I have a cube and a classic. They are both brill :D Before I got my classic I did a bit of research and decided I didn't think the go would be as solid or user friendly. So I decided to get a second hand classic (to save some pennies as I bought the cube new....ouch!!) I would say if you can get a classic! :D Oh and I've had a few niggles with my cube but omlet have always been brilliantly helpful, especially Quin!!! :D:D

I have a Go and it has been fine. We don't have the option to get a classic over here. It assembled fairly easily except for one bracket thingy that attached the run to the house. I couldn't get it positioned right so I had to get my husband to screw that one in for me. If I had a larger yard without a swimming pool and could have more chickens, I'd go for the Cube!

Our Eglu go arrived yesterday. The screw of the bottom panel does not fit properly. Have tried with every screw and It looks like the receiving metal has been cut wrongly. We were so excited to give our chickens a new house but now need to wait for Omlet to reply 

very disappointed!!

I know that my views on the newer Omlet ranges are controversial and well documented, but the Go, Go Up and Cube mark 2 are all (in my opinion) made of an inferior plastic, which is brittle and prone to warping. The original models (Classic and Cube mark 1) were made of polypropylene and MUCH stronger. The fact that I have a 16 year old Classic still going strong, and the oldest Cube mark 1 is (about) 10 years old is testament to their durability.

I have used both the Go and Cube mark 2 and find them fiddly and tiresome to build, and not nearly so robust. For instance, a hefty branch fell across my classic the other week and it was unscathed. Similar happened to a friend's Go and most of the panels shattered.

That's me done ;)

• Haha 1