quickcluck

pc people!! Ipad or samsung???

I am also an Android phone user (just upgraded to an S4), but.... as far as tablets go I have an iPad. So easy to use and great choice of apps, screen quality is amazing.

I'm sure the new Samsung tablets are good though, I do like how Android is less locked down than iOS.

I have an iPad with retina display, fab screen resolution. I also love the speed of the iPad, it seems much better at picking up wifi than any other wifi devices that we have. I rarely have connection or streaming problems, it is great for on demand TV. It is also very speedy for Internet browsing I use the google app. The iPad is always on and ready for a quick search.

As you're already an android user I'd recommend the nexus tablets. It easier to stick to the same operating system as if you buy any apps on one device you can use it on the other without paying twice. You'll also be used to how the android system works.

I have a nexus 10 (made by Samsung but only sold by Google) and think it's great. It's really easy to use & it has a fantastic quality screen. Nexus 7 is similar but smaller and more widely available (and made by LG)

IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD IPAD

Did I mention get an iPad?

They are brilliant - I love xxxxxxxxxxxxx mine, just a bit!!!!!!!!!!!

You can read kindle and any other ebooks with apps on the iPad. I am so used to reading ebooks I find real books wanting now! I have owned the first iPad and now the latest, they are simplicity it's self, but very clever, just remember there is a reason why every other company tries to emulate apple's innovations, because they are the best!!!!!!!!

Personally I wouldn't touch an Ipad or any Apple products.

They are overpriced and contain too many restrictions imposed on you by Apple.

Any similar spec'ed tablet will perform the same tasks, usually cheaper.

Don't be fooled by all the talk of Retina display, in tests I've seen, most people couldn't see a difference with quite a few people choosing the older display.

At the end of the day it is your money and your decision, choose a budget, choose what sort of size you want (bigger isn't always better) and go find somewhere to have a play with them. Check that they do the things you want in a way you want.

Research, research, research.

hmmmmmmm I am leaning towards the samsung.... I wonder if I am considering the ipad, just because it's a ipad! You know what I mean? I've never had a problem with andriod....

I have a one of these.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-2-Zenithink-C91-Capacitive-ZEPAD-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-ICS-1GHz-A9-Upgrade-/221243494089?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item338323cec9

But it doesn't hold it's charge and the screen is not as clear as i'd like...... very cheap tho!!

The retina display *is* noticeable, my wife has an original iPad and the difference is incredible, fonts are much smoother. Also disagree about Samsung being more versatile..... Only if want to do more low level things (like access file system etc), for everything else there's little difference.

Like I said, I own an S4 and think Android phones are by far the best, but for tablets it's hard to beat an iPad.

The retina display *is* noticeable, my wife has an original iPad and the difference is incredible, fonts are much smoother. Also disagree about Samsung being more versatile..... Only if want to do more low level things (like access file system etc), for everything else there's little difference.

Like I said, I own an S4 and think Android phones are by far the best, but for tablets it's hard to beat an iPad.

Well, yes compared to an original, 1st generation iPad, the Retina display will be better. I was more on about the differences between the 3rd (?) generation and the current one and also it's contemporariness.

I use both Apple and Android and can see the ups and downs of both.

iOS works 'just so', pretty much out of the box, Android needs (but pleasingly CAN be) configured.

If you're only using it for web browsing, I'd have still gone for an iPad but that's just me. :)

Well, yes compared to an original, 1st generation iPad, the Retina display will be better. I was more on about the differences between the 3rd (?) generation and the current one and also it's contemporariness.

3rd & 4th generation both have retina displays, that's why they look the same! I have a 3rd, the 4th had very few changes other than the stupid new connector (that does annoy me about Apple).