Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

We had two storms yesterday. Late morning I took the two older granddaughters out for a quick walk to post a letter but we ended up in the little village churchyard they (5 and 10) find it fascinating looking at the names and ages on the gravestones. Suddenly noticed the rather large black cloud approaching so we hurried home to the sound of distant thunder and just got in the house when it chucked it down.

Last night we had some more heavy rain. As DM says lovely morning and the promise of a nice day. Tomorrow not looking so good I have got the family coming for afternoon tea so was hoping to use the garden but I don't think so looking at the forecast :(

Chrissie

It's been thrashing about and bucketing here since about 7am, sadly no thunder though :(

Great fun at the village show yesterday - met up with a group of lurcher-owning friends and showed our dogs in the hound class; was really funny as they were all competing against each other, but best of friends. Ruby didn't place, but my old lad Cyrus came 3rd, only just beaten by two of his friends. We did laugh as I nearly didn't show him... The Boy managed to get up here for the afternoon (and was going to show Cyrus while I showed Ruby), but was late arriving, so he trotted the old man round the ring with a beer in his hand :lol::lol::lol:

Off to an 80th birthday party later so hoping it brightens up!

I hope so 80th birthdays are special.

I have got the family coming for afternoon tea this afternoon, I was hoping the children could go outside and play but we have had a lot of rain already and although it has stopped now we had a lot in a short time and the ground is very soggy. Milie (lab) and I popped out to check on the chooks and we got soaked and that was a quick run to the eglu and back.

Chrissie

Have been doing the Hokey Cokey with the washing this morning and have now given up and hung it up on the sheila maid :wall: Heavy showers and bright sunny episodes!

The 80th party was indoors yesterday and good job too as it was, again, very heavy showers. Brigtened up later and the boys managed to get out into the garden to run off some steam.

Def much cooler tho, nicer for a good nights sleep! :clap: