Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Very similar here DM but cool all day. Farmer friend from further east is very worried as frost forecast tonight which will finish his tender crops. Lots of other crops have been lost due to the heavy rain they have had over the last couple of weeks. He said you wouldn't believe the contrast in the summer weather if you had not experienced it. I feel sorry for him he works so hard, for most of us the weather is just an inconvenience but for him it determines if he keeps his head above water financially.

Chrissie

Chucking it down here too, but to be honest it feels like the best kind of relaxed Sunday here, OH has baked fresh croissants which he started last night and we are chilling listening to music and catching up with reading and the digital world. I love bank holiday bonus days, such a shame that we can't have three days every weekend. :wink:

Soft rain here since about 4am, but it looks to be brightening now :? I might take advantage of it and take the dogs out.

LBB and I had a lovely walk yesterday evening, watching the farmers rush to bring in the last of the harvest in the balmy weather we had.

20140824_164411_zpsf214db90.jpg

20140824_171348_zps875d558d.jpg

Right now, the hounds are comatose in front of the stove while I am baking.

:( we have had pretty much constant steady rain, although my cats have had a great day sprawled in front of the log burner, they have been sniffing it all summer wondering why it didn't work any more. :lol:

ED just caught my OH, who has a bad back at the moment, hanging out of our bedroom window trying to push moss out of a leaking gutter. I need him to help me drive to Scotland in just over a week, he can't even sit in a car for 10 minutes at the moment. I know that he isn't looking forward to it but he seems to be trying to injure himself with various similar hare brained schemes. All is doing is trying my patience :evil: