quickcluck

would like to learn to crochet

Ooooh, can I join this thread, please?!?! :oops::anxious:

I can't knit, I can't crochet but would love to have a go at crochet - I've got some bits of wool to practice on and am going to get a hook, I'll either love it or hate it, I guess!?!? Will waste lots of time watching videos, no doubt!

Of course you can join Bramble!

Make sure you get a hook that fits your wool. Trying to crochet with a hook that is either too big or too small can be very frustrating.

If you have cotton, I would go for a 2,5 or 3. Wool either a 3 or 3,5. With chunkier wool you better get a 4 or 4,5.

OK, I'm probably being an idiot - but I've looked at the amazing Attic24 site - LOVELY! BUT I don't seem to be able to find a tutorial on there that is idiot proof enough for me - I can make the initial slip not, but beyond that, I haven't got a clue, is there anything that is simply the first stitches on there or would I be better looking at a book or Youtube? I'm also confused and US/UK differences - I guess I need a UK tutorial video on YouTube or similar?

I know it's not the correct way but I catch them in as I crochet I can't be bothered with all the bits at the end .

Welcome to the pin club Bramble though I've started a bit of traumatic knitting at the moment. I love.the colours and designs Quickcluck if it makes you happy do it and Cats tails get the scarf finished it'll only take you an hour or so it's so pretty

I am on my 4th! Tried to find a UK one as the US ones were doing my head in! This one is just all half trebles. To be fair I think I am using the wrong wool as I am working in 4ply cotton, I would be better with a double knit that would grow quickly and be bigger loops to work with. I am sooooo not enjoying it.

I might just stop and until I get some better wool..... which wont be till the weekend..... grrrr

Just breath and take a moment....!

I've tossed loads of work in a corner of a room, when I just started...

With cotton make sure you don't use too tight stitches. That will make it harder to put new stitches in. Cotton will hold shape better though and make a more useful tablet cover.

If you need any help, you can always pm me.

No its the same just do 4 chain and then put your hook in 1st stitch and draw the thread through and you have a circle.

Then the pattern will tell you to do a few chain then start stitching into the circle with the next steps. The hole in the circle disappears as you make the stitches. I ought to go and look at her instructions to check I'm not talking rubbish :lol:

Edited by Guest