quickcluck

would like to learn to crochet

A pattern I've been following uses that technique but you're advised to do a few rounds before pulling it tight or the work can be distorted. The other thing is I've always taken the chain between rows as the first stitch. What do you do?

Are you talking about the baby bootie, Plum? Or just crocheting in general?

With the baby bootie, the chain isn't the first stitch, but actually the first double crochet (UK term) that you do. No stitches go in the chain or the slip stitch, apart from round 3 I think. (But that bit got me rather confused the first time I tried to make the booties)

My new American neighbour has started a knitting and crochet group in our village and I went for the 1st time this afternoon. I've not crochet for 30 years and thought it was a good way to get back into it. I live 80 miles from where I grew up and went to school and I met a freind I went to school with and started our first jobs with. I'd not seen her since we were 17 and she moved away. We had so much fun catching up. Didn't get much crochet done. :lol:

dead easy little pattern for Creme Egg easter basket. 3mm hook with sort of 4ply cotton yarn.

Make magic loop / ring

15 trebles into ring, then slip stitch to join. Pull the tail of magic loop/ring to close the hole.

15 Half trebles into every stitch (back loops only).

Next 3 rounds... 15 Half trebles into every stitch ( both loops).

Chain 18 & slip stich to other side of teeny basket to form the handle. Fasten off.

Insert Creme Egg or other similar sized egg. These are really quick to make & an ideal last minute gift. Look nice on an Easter tree. Could be adapted at Xmas ( yes I did just mention the C word ) & used as an advent calender / tree decs.

Emma.x

HELP!!!!

I'm currently trying to crochet a greyhound (long story!!!) Anyway, the pattern I've got calls for a magic ring/circle, but with only four stitches in it ... I spent HOURS last night trying to make a ring out of four stitches and there just don't seem to be enough stitches to make a ring -is it possible to do a magic ring with only four stitches?

Thanks all!

I spent HOURS Youtubing last night and all the tutorials say start with six stitches, some say five or six, but haven't found anywhere that says four!!!

So, in the end as the pattern said that in row 2 I should increase to six, I started row 1 with 6 then just did a second row of 6 - it seems to have worked fine, but the four stitch ring still eludes me!? :anxious: Maybe I just don't have enough experience yet, this is only my third month of crochet, so maybe I'm trying too hard!