quickcluck

would like to learn to crochet

Wellllll.... went to my first class last night, given and hook and chose a bright pink wool!!! Almost had 1:1 attention - very embarassing, but in the 2 hours I managed to a piece 3inches long and 2 inches high using 3 stitches and looking very uneven! I've discovered I am not that co ordinated in the hand department :lol: However, I will practice at home and look at getting a book to help, they recommend

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Basics-step---step-first-time/dp/1782491422/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422965617&sr=8-2&keywords=crochet+books

any other recommendations before I choose???

This is the one I borrowed from the library, and eventually bought. It has lovely clear photos which really does help, and it doesn't go on and on about each stitch which some books seem to do and make the stitches more complicated than they are. I also have another which has the American stitch instructions, so depending on which pattern, I use a different book. That way I don't end up doing the wrong one :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Learn-Crochet-diagrams-instructions-projects/dp/1904485324/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1422983712&sr=8-25&keywords=crochet+books

Looking good!

This is what I have been working on recently. It's from a CAL (crochet along) called Sophie's universe, this photo is up to the end of week 2 and am currently working on week 3's before tomorrow's instalment comes out. It is a little fiddly, but the pattern is written so well with fab diagrams and tips, so as long as your count is right, it will come right. Just think, you'll be able to make something like this soon! There are a few in the group who have only been crocheting a month or so and are doing beautiful ones :D

imagejpg5_zpse077229f.jpg