Eggasperated

Raisin has gone

After 5 days I am finally starting to come to terms with the fact that my beloved chocolate Labrador has gone. He collapsed and died on Friday when OH was taking him for a gentle stroll first thing in the morning. He had appeared to have a return of his arthritis and had been given a full health check by our senior vet on Tuesday, he saw him again on Thursday and Raisin was his normal pain at the vets - full of life, eager to see the vet and generally bouncing around.

He was quiet on Thursday night, ate his dinner, but didn't want any supper - we put it down to his busy afternoon entertaining everyone at the vets. But by 6.30am on Friday, whilst I was talking to the vet, he passed away.

We won't have a post mortem, nothing can bring him back; it appears from his behaviour in the moments before he died that he had a blood clot, we have had long discussions with the vet and this seems the most likely scenario.

Life will never be the same without my crazy Raisin.

I'm so sorry, a dreadful shock for you, but hopefully a very quick and painless passing for Raisin. You will never forget him and in time I'm sure the pain of losing him will give way to the many happy memories you have left.

Sleep tight Raisin xx

He was obviously loved to bits :D And what a great name! It sounds like he had a very full and happy life right up to the end, which is a great thing to be able to look back on, although I know it doesn't lessen the pain and it will take ages for you to come to terms with it, you have my deep sympathies, its awful when a pet has been part of your daily life, and then they are no longer there, horrible. RIP Raisin :(