Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

While the builders are here, I've been fiddling with another patchwork pattern. Working from a book I'm getting so frustrated at the waste with generous cutting instructions. Very frustrating as it's almost half an inch in some parts! This person has never heard of the EZ angle ruler (or Creative Grids equivalent). :boohoo::wall::evil: I feel the need to improvise on some but because I be a newbie at this game I daren't in case I waste any more!!!

On a brighter note, it's now taking shape and DD chose the fabrics years ago and I've added a few more bright ones since then - very colourful it's going to be!

Ahh the EZ angle ruler has one for flying geese too! The Creative Grids has that and the triangle one in one big funny shaped ruler but it has a very firm grip on the fabric so it's great to cut without slipping. Although I haven't used that part yet. Still very frustrated with this block though.

Finished the one. I like doing testers first. I'm not planning on doing any more of it - got really cross as I had to unpick so many times to get the points anywhere near matching. Some didn't but I can live with them a bit out. But as it's a 12" block I thought maybe I'd turn it into a medallion or perhaps do different filler blocks instead - leaning towards medallion. Have taken a photo and will post on here soon.

Well I think the points look perfect from your photos. Yes, I'm very critical of my own stuff too. But again it's learning techniques and the more you do the better it gets - or so I hope! I am sure your friend will love it - the fabrics are great and the stars are too. And quilting will also help to hide any minor imperfection in your eyes that "Ooops, word censored!"ody will notice it at all. If some meannie ever does point out anything then challenge them to do better - I reckon they couldn't!!! Well done. :clap:

:oops: I'm very tardy with that. Must find that little linky wire thing to transfer the pics onto the lappy. Actually we can't find the cheque book to pay the builder and the paperwork for my new car which is nearly ready! EEK! All a bit of upheaval here with boxes stacked up in the living room and somewhere in the pile is the necessary paperwork - builders finally gone so mad dash to do the DIY before the carpets arrive!!! Plus finally a couple of lay-ins to catch up with my sleep. This morning was unintentional - the alarm didn't go off! :lol:

The guy at the car dealership has emailed copies to us. PHEW!!!! And we found the cheque book today, but paid the builder by BACS instead before we found the book! :lol:

So today I have been making a mess! Well I've washed the walls of the study and done filler bits. Hubby has been filling holes and repairing the lining paper. We bought the undercoat and gloss but forgot the paint for the ceilings! :roll: Still have to choose paint for the wall though. Oooh decisions, decisions!!!!

Hubby has requested a table runner for the new sideboard so we can put the printer on top. I see purple stars! :lol: