Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I have my ticket for the quilt show and it's for Saturday - couldn't rely on anyone to sort out the chickens on the weekdays. OH printing off the e-ticket for me! NEC here I come! :dance:

My friend didn't want to go. :( But she has issues with her mum. Not dementia but brain problems after an accident and getting progressively worse, poor girl, so she needs to help her dad. What a shame she can't feel that she can have a break on her own - she'd feel so much better. :(

I've turned a charity shop £1 skirt into a top, because the only broderie anglaise tops I could find were white and very short sleeved.

Skirt

IMG_0372.jpg

Find a top you like the shape of and lie it over the skirt, both folded for a bit of symmetry :)

IMG_0415.jpg

Cut out shape

IMG_0416.jpg

and sew together!

IMG_0417.jpg

I've hemmed it now, and am going to use a bit of the old waistband to put cuffs on the sleeves then I just need to find my bias binding to do the slash neck!

Sorry, photos are a bit big :oops:

Thank you! Compared to the wonderful craft things you lot on here are able to create I thought it was a bit of a poor relation, to be honest.

You didn't even unpick the seams

No, the skirt upside down had all the seams in the right places to give enough shape, the curve of the hemline matched what I wanted for t shirt style sleeves too. I was pleased that the sleeves actually look OK as they are and hang well, despite them not being a separate piece of fabric.

I've got a nearly finished skirt from a toile de jouy Canadian bedsheet somewhere, lost in the house move at present, will post a pic when I find it :)

Thank you! Compared to the wonderful craft things you lot on here are able to create I thought it was a bit of a poor relation, to be honest.

Oooh no not at all, never think that. Even first goes at things may not go the way you want, but anyone having a go at anything is something to be proud of. And you have made a unique shirt. Such a good idea. :D