Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I have been making . . . my quilt room back together again. Because I would like my fabric on the open shelves and to put the bigger boxes and wadding in the cupboards below instead, hubby has put a curtain rail on the top of the shelves so the idea is to make a blind made of blackout lining to protect the fabric from the sunlight, I'm wondering if it will double as a design wall too. If not I'll just add to the blind. Oooh I'm soooo excited.

And just to make sure that the wax or staining on the shelves don't seep into my fabric, I'm going to make a pad that will sit on the shelves and if there is to be any seepage then it will have to go through 3 layers first and I don't think it will do that, but just in case. The old curtains downstairs (yep Hurricane Val has been whooshing through the house and now have new curtains throughout and new curtain poles too) were made by me and so I'll be utilising the interlining and the lining from those. The main pretty fabric is actually normal cotton that I liked so now the bit that hasn't been bleached by the sun will be going back into my stash! I have lots of ideas that my brain is hurting! :lol:

Don't tell hubby but I have plans for an outbuilding on the smallholding which we haven't got yet - well, I have the idea of it anyway! I did have a sideways glance at the longarms at the show! I need to practice on my super duper one first. And then I think I'd have the confidence. I do think there's room for both types though. Longarms for that quick finish for a present when time is racing by too fast and smaller machines for a bit more care - although you can't beat the hand quilting on a cold day curled up with the quilt over your lap in a comfy chair. :D

You made me laugh. I work my ends in as I crochet, I expect you get a better finish doing it properly.

Me normally too, but with Granny Squares you end up with a gazillion yarn ends. With more hole than actual crochet work, it's hard to work them in somewhere... :roll:

image.jpg1_zpsmw1wz3ru.jpg

It almost looks more like spagetti! :lol:

Ooh that's pretty. Spaghetti squares!

My super duper sewing machine has seen the light of day today. Also the cutting table has seen a bit of action too. I deconstructed my old curtains and now the fabric has been washed, ironed and ready to use. Interlining also done and the normal lining.

But did I make shelf covers? Nope, I am making a new peg bag. I'm not brilliant at it as I'm winging it somewhat. But the old hanger is now well padded so it doesn't rub holes in it. Old peg bag was too deep so this is more shallow. I'm just attempting the pockets now. It has galloping horses all over it and another one of my oldest fabrics is almost used up. :dance:

:lol: Yes! Also known as embellishments!

Plum it's a thicker, brushed cotton so I don't really want it for quilting - but it's made a shoe bag as a gift many moons ago, peg pag version 1 and now peg bag version 2 and I still have just over half a yard left. Ooodles to go!!!! :lol:

Oh no you'll have to go and buy some more fabric!

Cats tails if you were quilting we'd turn it over and say it's a design element adding texture :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

My friends and colleagues allready think I'm bonkers... A spagetti crochet vest won't really help I think!

But I'm getting there. Only 9 more squares to do.

I think we need pictures of that quilting room Valkyrie! :wink:

Still a billion and one bags to sort and tidy yet, but I've made one shelf pad today and put some fabrics on it for the time being. These are mainly co-ordinating groups and some background whites, creams and blacks. Can't have enough of those, of course! :lol:

Your crochet is coming on really nicely now. I like the colours and the variation in the squares. :D

How's the crochet coming on now?

Here I've finished throwing the shelf pads together. They aren't neat because it was just supposed to be functional. I have fabric on the shelves. I have an old big mixing bowl that belonged to my grandmother - and somehow got a crack in it in my kitchen, so rather than throw it away it has pride of place on a shelf containing all the s"Ooops, word censored!"s I've come across.

When I broke my ankle I started going through some s"Ooops, word censored!"s to make strips, squares or triangles and they are in a basket in the cupboard below - will go through them and put them in some sort of order when the show off bits are finished. I am going to iron and refold the lot because I've now got a wider ruler to wind them round and the final fold won't put so much pressure on the fabric - probably stretched it a bit. Still a bit of a mess on the shelves where I've just dumped things any hold how though. :oops:

At the moment I'm making the curtains for our bathroom. One side nearly done. I'm taking my time with it and playing on my cutting table. I'm really enjoying myself now. So when I've finished those I'll be finishing the boy's quilt and redoing the fabrics for a bit of stand up and move around time away from the chair!! :dance:

'Cutting table' you're so posh now you've got a studio.

Amazed you can get all your s"Ooops, word censored!"s in a mixing bowl.

I haven't unearthed them all yet - it's squeezed in and overflowing a bit! :lol:

Sometimes you need a break from things Cat tails. The wool winder sounds an interesting tool!

Curtains are up and they match at the bottom! I'm never doing any more. What a pain! Still hubby said they looked great so good job he can't see the mess underneath! :lol: I happily sewed the second one much faster and then looked at the heading tape as I was ironing the finished curtain. Back to front! So I unpicked 4 or 5 inches only to find it was right in the first place!!! :wall: So a quick zip along with the machine and breeeeeeeeathe!!!!

Now back to what I reeeeeeeeeally want to do!