Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Me likey pretty colours!!!!

Couldn't believe how much the US postal rates have gone up. For a flat rate envelope it's now $35 instead of 26! The middle of the range has jumped from $65? to $77 and the large box is almost $100! It will certainly make me think twice from now on. The postage is almost the same price as the contents!!!! Very sad because so many quilt shops rely on the internet sales to boost their income. I have a few favourites that I like to support as well as those shops over here, but the cost of fabric is so expensive compared with the US - even with postage and customs duty! Or rather used to be before the incredible hike in prices!

I have an idea. I'll order online and send OH to collect when he goes on holiday. I don't want to fly anywhere any more so that sounds a good deal!!! :lol:

Paint for the walls has been chosen by unanimous decision. Well I bought paint pot testers of colours I might like - DD and OH both liked the same colour so that is what it will be. Natural Wicker. Exactly the same as my mum's newly painted lounge. :roll:

Exactly my colour scheme natural wicker in my lounge and hall - it is such a nice neutral colour but not magnolia!! or white. My parcel was not bad from craftsy - I was over £64 I think for 50 fat quarters posted to me as it was a mystery parcel I have quite a selection - no need for fabric for a while. Enjoy the painting - I have a bedroom to do but no oomph to do it!! :lol:

My thing for 2016 was to learn how to knit in the round, especially socks! I found an online tutorial & bought the book to go with it. I took myself off to my local wool shop & squished the sock yarn. You start them on 3mm Double pointed needles, then switch onto a teeny weeny circular. It's very therapeutic & fun seeing the patterns appear in the socks. I've turned the heel (get me) & I'm now on the gusset. Really pleased with how they are going.

heel%20turn_zpsvaykajep.jpg

Emma.x

What pretty wool! Nice socks indeed.

I should be painting but got sidetracked a bit. Do you mean the NEC Plum or is that another one? :pray::whistle: Definitely going to the NEC. But if there's another one I will have to find out when it is in case it conflicts with hols or farm hunting! :lol:

Well apart from doing more of the Quiltville mystery blocks - which I've been plodding on with and then you get that Eureka moment when you realise that you are doing OK and points match fairly well without needing to wrestle with them! - this is the DD's first block that I mentioned earlier. She has seen it and says "me likee" so I think I'm on to a good one here - just need to work out those triangles so I don't waste so much.

20160123_090549_zpsutt10hj8.jpg

There is a block for the quilt - the double slice at Missouri Star Quilt Co, I like it as you dont have the piecing problems of flying geese and points etc!!. Biggest one I have stipple quilted. But I had to unpick some of the binding this morning and redo it and when I did I ripped a bit of binding so had to remove that part and put more in so was a long haul this morning and the cat was not amused to be shut out of the sewing room Marley shouted at the door all morning! - Bengals are too nosy and things get pinched and things get flung!! He is a kleptomaniac!