Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

This is the adapter I have now (this is the low shank one) - bit pricey but I figure I'll be getting plenty of use out of it as I can put the ruler foot on this (although some machines have a different mechanism with some computerised machines that have the auto pressure foot lift system rather than manual:

http://www.j-shop.co.uk/product/45/convertiblefreemotionquiltingfootset

Ruler bit is the chunky one - it says this set is for the 1600p series, but it actually works for my MC 6300p I think there are a couple that don't work so it's always best to check before buying just in case:

http://www.j-shop.co.uk/product/156/convertiblefreemotionquiltingset

Amy Johnson's blog is quite good for information.

https://amysquiltingadventures.com/pages/faqs

And this is the Youtube review that she did for the auto lifting bit.

I have the plastic bit that is supposed to go over the feed dogs - doesn't seem to fit mine. Never mind - I have the big slider that goes over the top anyway. I think that is better than the little plastic rectangle.

Plum I think the plastic disc is used for fluffy lofts but not sure. I now have my Bottom Line and my So Fine thread to play with. Also got the So Fine #50 colour card (been drooling over colours) and a Handi Versa Tool. I'm set to go. And then I accidentally bought a book. Jinny Beyer's Quilters Album of Patchwork Patterns. Hubby said I was trying to sneak purchases in without him seeing. Considering I left it on the table in plain sight I'd hardly say it was sneaking it in! He didn't notice the 2 lots of half yard birdie prints I got from Cotton Patch! :whistle::angel: What those? I got them ages ago. :anxious::angel:

I treated myself to a great book: Edward's menagerie: Birds by Kerry Lord

It has over 40 patterns of various birds and includes: two cockerels, a normal hen and a silky!

I've looked at that before but as my crochet skills are still pretty non existant I haven't bought it.

Make sure you show us when you have made them :D

I treated myself to a great book: Edward's menagerie: Birds by Kerry Lord

It has over 40 patterns of various birds and includes: two cockerels, a normal hen and a silky!

I've looked at that before but as my crochet skills are still pretty non existant I haven't bought it.

Make sure you show us when you have made them :D

I first have to decide which one and get supplies. I have to say her instructions are very clear and structured, with lots of photos.

Oooh I looked and thought Toft - I know that name - Toft Alpacas - had to check and yes it is the same people!!!!

Love the names for the birds though! :lol:

Muz has booked me in for a beginners day at Bozedown Alpacas for my birthday. :dance: I'm doing my homework and jotting down lots of questions before I go. He just may live to regret doing this! :lol:

Had a time-out for a fortnight because of jury service. That was exhausting but now back into the swing of things like the decorating. Also been tackling the Christmas mystery quilt and am now free motion quilting that when I have a spare moment. It's the first totally free motion quilt on a big scale (having done the cushion last year) and well - it could be better. I think I would have wasted a whole reel of thread by unpicking the worst bits and getting the tension correct-ish! Good job I bought a cone! Am now thinking that I need a proper cone stand. Oh yes - the Bottom Line bobbin thread was winding too loose so I've been swapping the thread onto another bobbinand running it through my fingers too. That seems to have worked well - a bit irritating but in the swing so it's automatic now. I've got it on a rotation - one in, one filled, one ready to go! I'm really rubbish at sewing in the ditch, but the feathers are sort of reasonable. But this morning wasn't my finest hour so having a break! Also broke a needle so got the hump with that! Add that to rescuing an egg from the back of the cube run because some gannet can't wait to lay in the box in case she misses something - in the middle of a hail storm and then feathers of the thread kind start going wiggly and and and ARGHHHHH! :boohoo::wall::boohoo:

Ah, it wasn't a nice one really - it wasn't rock and roll, it wasn't drugs - it was the other one. Young lad only just out of his teens with a liking of 13/14 year old girls. A potential Gary Glitter in the making and now he's going to be watched closely. Sentence to be announced late April. My blood pressure has now returned to normal! But they were great people and I couldn't have wished for a better group because we laughed our way through - apart from the deliberations but sometimes we were in need something to lighten the mood. And comfort eating abounded!

I was checking out Lady Sew and Sew the other day - figured I'd go for a little trip to Henley. And then I got the lurgy! Grounded by germs!!!! :boohoo:

I don't think the young lad gets on well with his family. Probably not impressed by his behaviour - "Ooops, word censored!"ody was there to support him. We thought it was his mum in there on a daily basis but it turned out to be one of the girls mum's! He's on bail with a leg bracelet and staying with a friend. Not one of us wanted to find the guy guilty but the evidence was overwhelming and we had our duty to protect society. Perhaps he's young enough to be reformed and I hope that would be the case, but he will always be on the sex offenders list.

Visited the Henley one. My goodness it's a big barn full of all sorts of fabrics - an area dedicated to Christmas stuff that's almost the size of my kitchen. You couldn't possibly turn your nose up at everything - you'd be pretty fussy if you did! Also the colours on the photos for backing fabric on the website are pretty close to the real thing. I bought plenty and I also bought some Heat and Press for the wadding. I may have accidentally bought a couple of metres of a neutral batik too. My friend says she went to the shop in Marlowe and said she wasn't impressed with the rude lady who wasn't helpful and was quite snappy. The lady that served me seemed not exactly Mrs Joviality of the Year but she seemed OK when I waffled on - strange lady let out for the day, let her ramble and humour her for a couple more minutes. Whereas another lady there seemed quite jolly. Although the wait for the till was something I'm not used to in a quilt shop!

So what I intend to do in future is to suss out what I'd like online first and make a shopping list. Quite a way to go for fabric but cheaper than postage!