Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

Oooh nasty, frozen shoulder. My FIL had to have injections for his golfy frozen shoulder, and so did my quilting buddy - she also plays golf! I avoid golf at every opportunity unless it's got the word "crazy" in front of it!

Edited to add both are fine now - hope yours is soon feeling much easier.

Love your quilt the points are so good - and the free motion quilting is awesome - I cannot get the hang of it and so I just stipple mine except for the borders which I try to do different - I find it difficult and think that is why I have a sore shoulder - sitting wrongly and holding myself not relaxed. Bonnie's quilts are wonderful and I wonder if I will ever manage to do one of hers. The backing fabric is so lovely too - well done you. :clap:

Thank you. Although it's a smaller quilt than I usually do, I found the fmc quite difficult to push and shove around at times. I notice that Leah Day has hers set up with a bungee and a clamp to lift it up off the work surface - she also has it fixed to the ceiling which I'm not intending to do! But I did notice my shoulders hunching up and kept trying to relax. The throat of my machine is plenty big enough but I'm going to have to rethink the cabinet top - it's a Horn cabinet and opens up at the back and sides. All well and good but the quilt drops down in between the back and side - it needs something else otherwise the quilt catches on the corners of the side bit when I move it. Perhaps I'll forget about lifting the back up (I don't use it when piecing anyway) and use the cutting/craft table set low instead. :think:

And I did rip out lots of feathers (with the added bonus of colourful swear words) until it got to the point of meh, it's a record of how awful I was and the slight improvement at the end! Although just when I thought I'd cracked it, another feather went badly wrong! Serves me right for being cocky! Also I think it was rather ambitious. On the other hand I did get a lot of feather practice!

I won't be quilting over multiple points in future (the machine protested and so did the needles). And I have several spiders on the back where the threads ganged up on me too. But once I had ironed out the marker pen it looked a lot easier on the eye. My daughter has laughed at the wonky squares and wonky loops and the diddy feather bits squeezed in. :roll: I just love my offspring. Sometimes!

That looks good Blackie. There are so many things you can do with sewing and quilting nowadays - I must admit the water colour painting and dying sound interesting too. I think I read somewhere that watercolour pencils can be used too, but that was a few months ago and I've been reading so much about crafts lately that I can't remember who did it.

Ooh that's beautiful. I bought some Lutrador but have no idea where it is but done something similar with bondaweb. Painting it then cutting out a leaf shape and ironing it on and quilting. Not nearly as pretty as this.

Valkyrie I don't know where I've been, I missed these pics of your quilt though I gave it some love on FB. I love all of it. Your fabrics look so yummy, your quilting is coming on great and I adore the backing fabric - yummy, yummy and yummy.

Thank you both for the treat this afternoon :D

Thank you Plum. Both here and FB!!!

I've been making lots of blocks - cutting pieces for number 10 now. Stash busting! Years ago when I first started quilting DD used to come with me sometimes and pick out things she liked. So a lot of these were her choices that finally I'm putting all together. Including the leftover fabric that I made her curtains with. I have bought a couple more bright things to go with it over the years, just a couple of dark fat quarters that go with her brights. As I'm doing them I'm popping them on her bed - it's acting as a design wall and then I take a photo and send it to her. She's thrilled!!!

I wish I had done Bonnie's version - I think her one is easier to piece. This is from a book "Quilts from the Heart 2" (Karin Renaud) I think. It wastes so much fabric to cut the sides of the pieces of the blocks with triangles and then I see how wonky it is. Some are definitely in for the chop and remake! Bonnie's similar one is Jared Takes a Wife. And I have that darned book but already started doing this. Meh!

Prime examples of those needing attention!

20160606_094453_zpssluiejzh.jpg

Luckily I have plenty of splash white - I got it to make DD's curtains. We then had to acrylic paint the splashes with a stencil all over the wall, a bit dark - I think this was her photo to whinge about how bright the light was outside.

IMG-20160617-WA0002_zpsnjr4kwcu.jpg

It is going to be beautiful -I love it - Your points are very very good - I am too busy gardening to do any sewing right now but bought some fabric in the states when over there last month but not a lot as I have so much to use up. I think it will be winter work for me, going back over to the states in September so more fabric I fear!!

:lol: Yes, visiting the States can be extremely tempting because they have such a huge range of fabrics. I agree though, I have too much fabric and need to dive into the stash.

Weather here has been pretty rubbish, although we had super weather in Mull (oops Oban quilt shop is way too easy to find now, I may have bought some more fabric - use a couple of yards, buy double the difference). I have been outside catching up. While it's cool it's greenhouse, then outside to weed. I do get a whinge chorus while I'm in the fenced off area with a fork though.

And thank you!