Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I haven't done cake decorating for years but my daughters best friend is getting married tomorrow and I made this for her. She loves pengins and purple so this is what I made.

IMG-20160817-WA0004c_zpsf806kvxd.jpeg

and she wanted Betty Crocker cakes with shades of purple flowers 20160818233348c_zpskjuma2d4.jpg

A very busy baking day yesterday and all came together at almost midnight last night.

Someone is putting it all together tomorrow :shock:

Thanks everyone :D

Will see what it looks like later as we are going to the reception and it will be set up on the cake stand :D

I based the penguins on a picture she gave me and adapted them to what I could do.

If you'd have seen the first attempts I did you would have laughed - hubby said they looked like weebles :lol:

Mind you I had been given sugarpaste to make them with :shameonu: instead of modelling paste so a quick visit to the cake decorating shop soon helped me sort them out.

Lovely cake! I hope it stayed upright (unlike my sisters during the hotest day of the year of 30+! when it started to slide!)

I have recently gone into the dark world of two sticks (knitting)! Tis a mind boggler, but prob as much as crochet was when I first started that.

Anyhoo, first foray is socks! Theres a great fb group and website Winwickmum who has loads of hints and tips on making them. So far, I have learnt the long tail cast on method which is fab, remembered how to knit and had to google purl, and am a quarter of my way through sock number one. The frightening point of 'turning the heel' is ever looming along with the torturous sounding 'Kitchiner stitch'

Photo below, and apologies I can't resize as its Photobucket and doesn't seem to like my ipad :(

image_zpso6dvcmby.jpeg

Stitches seem to slide off dpns so easily, that in fact, after an Entire side came off, I switched to ones with a cable between them :wink: Its a bit of a faff sliding one side off and then one side on to knit in a circular way, but its getting there. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Rialto sock yarn - a mix of merino wool and acrylic. It doesn't feel itchy on my face, so I am hoping I can wear them as wool makes me itch. I bought it from a yarn shop in Combe Martin when we were on holiday a few weeks ago as it was having a closing down sale. I wish I could have bought more, but I couldnt think what to buy so just got the one ball :oops:

Have a look at her website and see what you think. Its so far such an easy pattern, its the needle and stitches grappling thats taxing.