Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

He's fab :D

Did he really only take you a day to make :shock: ?

He/she isn't as big. Maybe 20 cm high? And I already made a Flamingo using the same book and patterns are very similar. This one is a gift for a colleague, but did buy some cotton to make a seagull for myself. Also bought a kit to make a scarf/wrap/thing from nice cotton. Might be a present too, unless I like it too much myself :wink:

Oh, I do like Dave the Seagull! He has a certain swagger about him :lol:

I have been doing quite a bit of crochet recently for my sister and brothers 40th birthday presents. I made this picture for my sister with loads of crochet flowers. It was inspired by a picture we saw on Pintrest last year which she just loved.

image_zpsizzok8yg.jpeg

For my brother, it was a bit trickier. I bought some handdyed yarn called Mind the Gap which is self striping and I wanted to make him a scarf out of it. He lived in London before moving to the States, so thought it apt. Impossible in crochet :roll: Its a sock yarn, so I guess with knitting, and tiny stitches, you get the amazing effect of stripes. I ended up cutting each colour length off the ball and making into lots of smaller balls and made loads of 1 round granny squares which I joined together in rows and made him a cushion cover. I already had the back for a cover I was planning for home. With hindsight, it would have been much cheaper to buy the yarn and make it, but as I wanted to use the handdyed and had a bit of a block of what to do, it took far longer for an idea to form so it was rushed in the end. My dad took it with him on Tuesday on his flight over to Chicago to see my brother, but I've yet to hear anything about it.

image_zpsp87ebcnb.jpeg

Apologies for picture sizes. Not sure how to change them :think: