Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

He's gorgeous! Well done you. I looked at that book, looks beautiful but I have too many projects at the moment.

Gah! Same here!

Need to make a hat for a friends birthday, need to make a mascot for the library of my school, still working on a scarf for myself, thinking of making something with another new book (granny square bible) and have the camping crochet book lying around somewhere as well.

Ordered a cone stand from Barnyarns and it arrived today. I also changed my needle yet again and I think we seem to be on a good run! :anxious: I also have another cone - green for the log cabin. DD was over last night and I said come and see what I've been doing. She said "have you finished my quilt yet?" :roll: And no I haven't even touched it! :oops: But I have rearranged the room and managed to fold up my quilt table - I had to get some clamps from Wickes to hold the cutting mat onto it (with plenty of wadding to cushion it), so I now have a bit more room to manoeuvre while I'm not using it. I also have some smaller clamps so I may just put Leah Day's plan of action of lifting a quilt off the sewing table for ease of moving it around while you are sewing at a later date.

Tension much better until I get to a pile of points and it gets a bit thick and fights. But other than my wobbling I'm managing to move a little better now.

I accidentally used up my MIL's birthday money and dashed off and spent it at the quilt shop yesterday. :oops: Welllllllll it was fun because Ricky (one of the owners) was bored because it was quiet and so we had a coffee and a chat and a laugh. And then I bought up the shop! I only went over budget by £14 so I call that success! :lol::lol::lol::oops::lol::lol::lol:

What projects are you doing Olly?

You mean apart from the multiple UFOs? :lol: I'm not listing them!

I've nearly finished a crochet blanket, just got one more row of squares to see on and then the border to do. It's Attic 24 Solid Granny Squares and while they fly off the hook, I'm kinda bored after doing 200 plus. So although it could be a lot bigger, I'm going to call it done, it's big enough to snuggle under on the sofa and I'm determined it's not going to become another UFO.

My best friend is expecting a baby in June, so as soon as the blanket is done I want to do a couple of things for her; I've bought one of the King Cole baby knitting books.

After that, I want to make myself another pair of socks, I need a small portable project for a week's holiday. And then I've been asked to knit two 'mermaid tail' sleeping bags for a friend's granddaughters. And then there are the sewing projects ...

I've set myself up now - I don't usually post on here but I'm going to have to tick these off when they're done! :D

As I'm no longer working full-time I think they're just about achievable, the mermaids are for Christmas, I should add. I'm determined that there will be no more UFOs, if I don't love something enough to finish it then it's not worth doing.

Well I must say everyone has loads of projects to start/finish off and its difficult now the lighter nights are here - I have so many I must NOT look at any more fabric/kits or anything else at all. That is going to be difficult as in 7 weeks I am in the states for 16 days, and I so love their shops. I think I am doomed!

Cute little hat!!!

Ah well I bought some plain dark green fabric to continue with her ladyship's quilt - for peace and quiet - but it isn't the right colour - it needed to be a darker blue/green. Ah well it won't be wasted! Also bought a couple of metres of a pretty purple herby one - Thyme with Friends. Very cute - the whole range is nice! Although several years ago I had wrapping paper with the same prints!!! Also a poppy half yard/yard collection and a red fabric to be a border and tie it all in (I actually bought another pack at Christmas so now I have enough for a good sized lap quilt). And I have some very pale multi fossil fern pastel and white - 3 metres (almost - finished the bolt - my bad).

So that blew the birthday money! :lol: