Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

:lol: Nope, I waited till the boy was out and found it on my cutting table underneath his unfinished quilt!! And now I'm all set for doing something else. I've pounced on a couple of quilt shops and have fabric to go with my yards upon yards of Oriental fabric we bought in Oban (I say we - OH forked out for it and had a shock - yes metallic designs are a little more expensive than importing from the US) and I've been reading the Little Brown Bird because I enjoyed the applique so I now have a fair few things to make wings and flowers. All excited now! Funny thing was OH said "where did that material come from?" and it was one that we bought in Oban. "Oh, OK then". :whistle: Saved me from saying ooohhh that old thing! :lol:

I decided I needed a project for this summer. It's going to be a crocheted vest/cardigen. Click!

I'm not doing only grey, but grey with light grey and an oldfashioned pink. And not doing Alpaca wool, which I just find too expensive. Picked a nice and affordable acrylic yarn.

You'll have to model it when you've finished. :D

Currently playing applique - blooming holly leaves. Jumped in the deep end as usual! :roll:

I promise I will! But it might take me some time though... Never crochetted clothes before, or something this big anyway!

Love the oilcloth - its different - supposed to use a teflon foot but the one I bought did not fit but one of my feet has plastic along the bottom so it seems to work but I bought special needles now although all those were on ordinary needles - I love putting in zips and making bags as the stuff does not fray. Bought a load of oilcloth from a firm in Norfolk for £35 which was a real bargain - I have made 3 other bags and given them away and have enough for loads and loads of other bags and stuff. The blocks I am not sure yet hopefully they will just join together or not as the case may be knowing me.

This is what I've done so far. I have since got some thread that matches the colours (oops another trip to Andover) so I'll have to unpick the twiggy bits - I haven't sewn that bit very well either. A vid on Youtube and now I know the way it's supposed to go. Lots more to practice on!

20150713_100524_zpsyydhex6z.jpg

20150713_100529_zps9oufzl6z.jpg

20150713_100539_zpsltjeyge2.jpg

Thank you - I can let you in to a little secret . . . I hate berries with such a passion! :lol: I have wasted so much on stupid little puffed up round things! Good job "Ooops, word censored!"ody sees me having my hissy fit!!!! :lol:

I used a neutral thread on the stems and the first lot of leaves. I think I can get away a little with the leaves but it was way too light for the bark. So oh dear off to the shop I went. I think I'm set for a while. I just may buy up the threads at the quilt show. Got in touch with my friend but she doesn't want to go - pity, because I know she'd be amazed. But she just keeps doing the dahlia tablecloths. Never mind, she's happy with what she's doing and she doesn't go mad over fabric like I do (fabricaholic), so she's much more sensible! :lol:

The lighter part on the robin is actually back to front fabric - I had bought some grass fabric and when I was ironing it on the wrong side I thought ooooh that would work for fur or feathers! The holly leaves is that hand died fabric and I can't tell which side is which half the time. In hindsight I should have used different colours for the background leaves but hey ho, I didn't have any and I was impatient! :lol:

I'm probably going Saturday if you want to leave me some thread. Try superior - the bottom line no 623 blends with all lights and 617 with mediums its 60wt so very fine. Saves buying a heap of threads and good for hand or machine. :D