Christian

The Weather Thread #9

41 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

We are due more storms through in the small hours :smile:

Oh tiddle! We're not! The promised thunder at 2.00pm didn't materialise and our next rain looks to be around 11.00am tomorrorw by which time it will be significantly cooler anyway! All this and the plumber isn't going to mend the shower till Monday :sad:

We had a temperature record in the Netherlands. Reached up to 40,6 degrees today. Previous record was 39,6 degrees. That record is of yesterday! The real previous record was 38,8 and dates from the 1940’s....

House temperature is up to 24 today. But the temperature is not going to drop below 24 degrees outside tonight. So no chance of cooling the house down a bit.

• Like 1

Now 31 degrees in the bedroom - the only place that we have a reliable indoor thermometer. Enough already! When OH and I were in Egypt BC (before children - we are not that old!!) it got up to 43 but it was totally different - dry and not humid - and we coped by going out early and having a rest in the middle of the day then out again as the weather cooled off. 

If I post again later in the year complaining about the cold and wet could someone please come round and hit me on the head with something heavy? Thanks.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the wet fish, DM, as long as they are straight out of the 'fridge!

Let's hope that Thor can manage to do his bit here....there's no air at all and it's like trying to breathe through a damp blanket. As you say, weather forecasts are conflicting apart from tomorrow being much cooler. Just got to get through tonight - hold that thought!

I thought it looked funny - I've always added an e and then I thought I must have it wrong, so HAH!  I'm going back to the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Isolated strikes around us but doesn't look particularly stormy clouds, some very interesting ones though and deliciously cool.  I love the stegosaurus clouds though.  The last one is actually directly above - so pretty!

20190725_204939.jpg

20190725_205217.jpg

20190725_205043.jpg

• Like 1

Last night was horrible. Hot and clammy, just awful. It started to cool around 3am and I could hear thunder way off in the distance and I was pretty jealous. It's nice now with a cool breeze and some rain. 

Just as I pressed the submit button there was a flash of lightning and a roll of thunder. I love that lightning app by the way. Thanks for the link. 

Hot and muggy here all night too. At 5 am it was still 23 degrees, but at least finally “cooler” than indoor temperature. So got up and opened up all windows again and went back to bed for a bit.

At least there was a breeze this morning, which was better than the muggy morning yesterday.

Rain at 3.00am..........cooler outside but the house temps remain high - still 27 in the bedroom in spite of open windows for the last 48 hours. YS should be sailing this morning but the forecast on OH's gizmo says 70% chance of rain between now and 12 and the RAF Benson forecast says 10%! Take your pick! 

Edited by soapdragon